A neat book on Cuma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A neat book on Cuma

Hey all...after reading a little intro in Food & Wine about Jesse Browner's upcoming book on the last days of Petronius at Cuma, I was intrigued. It is a work of fiction, but it is a pretty interesting read and very food-focused. Cuma is in Campania not too far from Naples.

Petronius is falsely accused of a plot to assassinate Nero. Rather than await execution, he throws one last big party with lavish foods as he slowly commits suicide throughout the course of the evening. So far it is a very entertaining read...it's called The Uncertain Hour and you can get it on Amazon and I think see more on www.jessebrowner.com

Jay

Re: A neat book on Cuma

I just added it to my library request list...is it new...they had it on order, but no arrived yet...
    Drake
    My Oven Thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

I think it came out on memorial day...or thereabouts...

Comment

Nice find Jay. That's on my list. Thanks.
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

After you read it...maybe we can add "sow's vulva" to the wood-fired cookbook

Comment

hehhehee wife is a nurse so in our house body parts are properly identified - should be interesting when she goes to school... This is my clavical, my vermillion and my Vulva - I have a Vulva but my daddy drives a Volvo!

Comment

Working...
            X