Luciano Pavarotti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luciano Pavarotti

Pavarotti passed away today, which is very sad. We have a small connection with him, and we appreciate the pleasure he has given us.

When our teenage daughter was much younger, she watched the Three Tenors videos at her grandfather's house in Spain (hey, two of the three tenors are Spanish) for hours at a time on various summers, and developed a love of classical music. She hums the arias to this day. Also, we have a friend who is a french horn player, and worked in the orchestra behind Pavarotti in the Parma opera house. And then there is our opera playlist in iTunes. He sings most nights.

He was a wonderful talent, and one of our generation. I guess we are lucky to have our bright lights.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Luciano Pavarotti

James,

First Caruso, now Pavarotti. High C will never be the same. One of the great things about Pavarotti was his ability to bring classical music to all walks of life. We should all have his energy and panache.

Jim
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Small piece of trivia for relevance: his father was a baker.
      Un amico degli amici.

Comment

Alfredo,

A singing baker, I understand. At least I can do one of the two. Only Irishman on the planet who can't sing.

Jim
        "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Working...
        X