X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1. Worldwide Pizza Party: report of the Swiss Chapter

Originally posted by gjbingham View Post
    Dusty,
    Sounds like you oven's working about the same as mine.
    How is your door working? I suppose mine works OK, but it sure in a pain.

dusty

Comment

Dusty,
      My door works really well, but the interior iron side will chip bricks if I'm not really careful about the way I put it in there. Ten pounds, (4 Kg. Jeff ) of door going in at an angle will take a chunk out of the bricks pretty easily. Much easier to use than yours though. I did that for awhile. Pain in the patootee!

G.
      GJBingham
      -----------------------------------
      Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Dusty - The pics looks great. I ended up buying into the doom and gloom forecasts we were having for Saturday and stayed home just waiting for the approaching apocolypse which never came. I do something similar with stacking bricks for a door. The one thing I do different is I actually have a leftover piece of 1/2" wonderboard that I have cut to the shape of door reveal and put that up first and then stack bricks against it on the outside. I am amazed how well that holds in the heat. Glad to hear the party went well. When I finish my stucco and electrical work and finally call it done on the oven, I'll have to invite you up.

Comment

We should have a sticky on Doors.

there is a lot of discussion on the reveal, types of doors and how to use them.

mine is essentially flat steel (which you could have made from a template) that has two angled feet to keep from falling back and two perpendicular handles that make it easy to "handle". It also mates to an angle iron frame on the reveal sides and top.
          sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

The post party plot thickens. A couple who were here have disappeared.

To lose a camera is unfortunate.............to lose a couple of mates is downright careless...........

Comment

Inishta, you DID check inside the oven, didn't you?

(Just a thought...)
              "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Never thought of that but since is currently blazing away merrily in preperation for this evening at least they wouldn't be feeling the cold.

Comment

Originally posted by Inishta View Post
                  The post party plot thickens. A couple who were here have disappeared.

To lose a camera is unfortunate.............to lose a couple of mates is downright careless...........

What is this?
                  Disappeared?
                  Over the years we have documented some temporary losses - Face down on the lawn, in the bushes, once found a missing person in the dog house, but never a permanent disappearence. Heck with the camera. Is everything OK?

dusty

PS- how ya fellin' bud? I basically took Sun. off.

Comment

Seriously, need an update ASAP. We don't want any WPP#1 blemishes.

dusty

Comment

I'm going to go over in a couple of hours to see if I can track them down . I don't imagine there is any drama there. They live about 20 miles away so I don't bump into them every day.

It usually takes a couple of days for me to recover from a really good session. I'm not as young as I once was. Memories of parties lasting days instead of hours.........

I'm really looking forward to seeing family and friends this year and would like to get this pizza thing nailed down before the season starts. Then the steeper learning curve of baking.

Comment

The pizza curver is pretty steep itself. I went out on Sunday, fired up the oven, nice and hot, and completely toasted the first pizza I put in. I mean it was black all the way around. Way way too hot! I was working without my laser thermometer and thought I was going to have no problems. The pizza went straight to the garbage.
                        GJBingham

-

Comment

Originally posted by Inishta View Post
                          I'm going to go over in a couple of hours to see if I can track them down . I don't imagine there is any drama there. They live about 20 miles away so I don't bump into them every day.
                          Cool. Not bumping into someone from twenty miles away and "disappeared" are worlds apart.

They have the camera!

Mystery solved.

dusty

Comment

Originally posted by telehort View Post
                            I ended up buying into the doom and gloom forecasts we were having for Saturday and stayed home just waiting for the approaching apocolypse which never came.
                            Scott, Scott, Scott.......Where is your sense of adventure? I can understand Acoma's reluctance to cross the Sierras, but you only had to get on 80 and cross the river! No chains required. Shame on ya! And you missed a doosy.
                            Could have used your help too. Biggest problem seemed to be people getting their pizza to slide off of their peel. Out by the oven (my semi-station), I saw many toppings slide into the hot oven while the skin stayed firmly attatched.

Next time it is "rain or shine." Only the oven is outside.

dusty

Comment

Originally posted by gjbingham View Post
                              I went out on Sunday, fired up the oven, nice and hot, and completely toasted the first pizza I put in. The pizza went straight to the garbage.
                              Funny for two reasons
                              #1.
                              The first time I fired up my oven, I watched my pizza like a hawk. I turned it after 40 seconds and it looked perfect 50 seconds after that. Perfect! But I wanted to demonstrate to my family the technique of holding it up to the roof of the oven to finish browning and what not. Eight seconds later I was blowing it out like a marshmellow.

#2.
                              I ate it anyway.

dusty

Comment

Dusty,
                                Funny, that technique is what killed mine too. The oven was blazin'. I didn't even check the temp, but it was way hotter than previously. I burned the next two as well, though not as bad.

Sounds like you should have made smore's with yours!
                                GJBingham

-

Comment

Working...
                                X