New Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Forum

Wow!, and.......................Ouch. It's gonna take a while to get use to.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

A whole new world. Just got a new computer with a different operating program and between one thing and another it makes a steep learning curve. One of those 'makes my brain hurt' things.
    Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

I agree. It's going to take awhile.
      My Build:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/s...ina-20363.html

"Believe that you can and you're halfway there".

Comment

At my age though, there may not enough time to adjust. ;-)

Its different. This new version of vbulletin has not been popular.

Maybe they will bring some of the old skins to the new version. That would make me feel more at home. :-)
        Last edited by Lburou; 07-18-2015, 08:26 AM.
        Lee B.
        DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

This design is horrible! Talk about fixing a problem that didn't exist. The huge picture at the top of the page is a waste of space. Can't figure out how to preview things. I appreciate that a good deal of effort probably went into this, but when you have super healthy forum - don't spring sh!t like this on your users.
          My build progress
          My WFO Journal on Facebook
          My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

It's pretty terrible (IMHO). The top half of every new page is an FB ad, I can barely read the red-on-grey text, and the info-per-screen is *way* down. Before I built my oven (in 2010) I think I read nearly every post on the forum over the course of a few months. I wouldn't have lasted a day with the new design. I pretty much stopped using TheFreshLoaf after their redesign, too.

Comment

Maybe someone can school me on this. One of my concerns is the New Post feature that FB had on the old forum that wasn't broke. So far, I haven't found that feature on this new forum. It was about the only way that I could catch up on the forum. A lot of new questions will get lost without it. I can see where it is going to take a revamping of the Newbies Forum to get me up to speed.
              Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

G'day
                Yes I'm much the same, I'm trying to be patient but there are a lot of missing features.
                I've only managed to get my avatar up with a close up of a few bricks in shadow, but at least is better than nothing or the default one having a bad hair day.
                My main concern is the missing pic from many of the current builds. My own builds pics are still there but I'm more concerned with those current builders.

You could hardly blame them for giving up posting when there build threads are rendered useless due to the lack of pics. This is the newest generation
                Concerned and worried
                Dave
                Measure twice
                Cut once
                Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                My Door
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Not only the missing features. It takes hours and even days before a post shows up!

Edit: That one showed up immediately. I hope this trend continues.

Comment

I give up.
                    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

I've seen questions about a "New Post" feature in several different forums but no feedback on whether this exists somewhere under a new name. Would a moderator or someone who actually is involved with the new forum answer the question and let us know if there is a way to EASILY find all the new posts that have been posted since your last visit? Thanks.

Comment

They seem to be tweaking it down, the red/grey has to go, though.

Comment

Originally posted by davemartin88 View Post
                          I've seen questions about a "New Post" feature in several different forums but no feedback on whether this exists somewhere under a new name. Would a moderator or someone who actually is involved with the new forum answer the question and let us know if there is a way to EASILY find all the new posts that have been posted since your last visit? Thanks.
                          There's a Latest Topic section, second section down from the top right. But I can't find a list of latest posts.

Neither can I find a search function unless I am in a particular thread/topic and then it only searches that particular thread. I wanted to look for posts re arches yesterday and it was easier doing a Google search to find them.

And please change that red font on a grey background, for Chrissakes...surely it's just one small section of code to do that.

Edit: Actually, there is a Latest Activity drop down on the front page, but it's only showing new threads not new posts on existing threads. Maybe that just needs a tweak.

Edit again: I've found that if you are in a particular section of the forum, then the Latest Activity dropdown will give you a list of the most recent posts in that section.
                          Last edited by Wozza; 07-29-2015, 11:18 PM.

Comment

As well as the deficiencies already mentioned, the new forum does not allow pinch zoom on iPhone or iPad like you could on the old forum. For old fogies (most members) this was a very useful feature. Hope these issues can be addressed because the forum traffic appears to have dropped markedly since the new system came in.
                            Last edited by david s; 07-30-2015, 02:17 PM. Reason: Predictive texting can't recognise "fogies"
                            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Wozza View Post

There's a Latest Topic section, second section down from the top right. But I can't find a list of latest posts.
                              >>>>>>

Edit again: I've found that if you are in a particular section of the forum, then the Latest Activity dropdown will give you a list of the most recent posts in that section.
                              Thanks, I've used the "Latest Activity" button but doesn't do what I'm looking for and doesn't always even seem to work. I was hoping there was a button like on the old forum that you could get a list of all the new posts since you last logged in. All in all, I find that the new format makes this forum non useful anymore- I've been checking this thread to see if there was a way to do what I wanted but no joy. Will most likely stop visiting unless I have a specific question. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                              X