New web site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New web site

This is going to take a while to figure out. I selected " new Topics" and I get this message " Your criteria is not restrictive enough and might return too many results. Please restrict your criteria and try again" No clue how to fix this. I think this change will be good - just need to work through it.
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Originally posted by Les View Post
    This is going to take a while to figure out. I selected " new Topics" and I get this message " Your criteria is not restrictive enough and might return too many results. Please restrict your criteria and try again" No clue how to fix this. I think this change will be good - just need to work through it.
    I agree, and we have to nail down the administrative side of it as well. The journey of discovery is half the fun. Thanks for staying active. Tim

Comment

I'm still feeling the old one is more user friendly. But I hope this will change as I figure out the new options in this one but can't find a reason for deleting members profile pictures; they could be left as any posted pictures IMHO, and I hope member details were not omitted; they helped members better know each other. Now I feel members like gadgets not humans. I hope these critics are due to my ignorance of the new website and that it will turn out quite more fun as I figure it out better.
      Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?
      I forgot who said that.

Comment

Trying to get along with the new. The old vBulletin 3.XX fit like a good pair of shoes. 15 years with that version......Very disappointed to find the member's albums gone missing. I suspect support for VB 3.XX will end soon. The skins can be tweaked for a better look. I still support the site. :-)
        Lee B.
        DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

Originally posted by v12spirit View Post
          I hope member details were not omitted; they helped members better know each other.
          That data is still there - just click on the name and then select about. I did like it when the location was displayed with the name.

Check out my pictures here:
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

what happened to all the images when looking at threads I am not able to see the photos there are links to the images however it opens a new window and nothing is showing up

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
              That data is still there - just click on the name and then select about. I did like it when the location was displayed with the name.
              Yes. Today I was amazed to see the details back again. They were not there on my last visit. I expect the rest of the issues discussed here will be solved with time as well.
              Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness?
              I forgot who said that.

Comment

Working...
              X