No announcement yet.

Really not liking the new site - sorry!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really not liking the new site - sorry!

For a start, it's very harsh on the eye. (As a matter of fact, I don't much like the new FB logo either; it's just too aggressive.) The red-on grey text is hard to see from a distance in some cases, and, well, it's all a bit of a disaster really. The missing photos thing has already been mentioned/covered, so I won't go there. But it took me a while to figure out that, after logging in, you have to reload the page before you can post. (Firefox browser.)

I felt I could lounge in the old site; not so with this one.

It does take a little getting used to but nothing fits like the old slippers, sadly they all get replaced and we learn to lounge in the new ones.
    Cheers ......... Steve

Build Thread http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f3/n...erg-19151.html

Build Pics http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=1626b3f4f4

Forno Food Pics https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=1d5ce2a275

Comment

Also seems very buggy! Maybe just growing pains, or whatnot, but I've had a lot of posts get lost or vanished and the navigation is fussy

Comment

From what I have heard they had some very good and valid reasons to redo things. I agree that it is not as easy to use right now, but that I am sure will be fixed in time. There are always growing pains with something as complex as this going through an up date. With in a few weeks or months we will be use to the new site and have forgot about the issues.

Randy

Comment

When making a post I frequently get an "error in loading post" message. This did not happen with the old forum. I don't want to sound like a serial complainer, but if moderators genuinely want to improve the forum they need to know its deficiencies if they want to make it better.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

This new forum does not seem to allow one to copy a post so it can be placed on another one to direct someone to useful info contained in that post. Does anyone know if there is another way to do it?

Comment

David, I'm just experimenting here, so please bare with me.

This is a direct link to a post by Kallipigous. That was done by clicking on the post number, copying the link in the box, and pasting as usual.

EDIT: I tried several things, this seemed to work the simplest .
              Last edited by Gulf; 08-15-2015, 08:02 AM.
              Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                David, I'm just experimenting here, so please bare with me.

This is a direct link to a post by Kallipigous. That was done by clicking on the post number, copying the link in the box, and pasting as usual.

EDIT: I tried several things, this seemed to work the simplest .
                That's how I used to do it. Right click on the post number and copy link. But when I'm logged in the post numbers disappear, only the date appears in the top right of each post. GRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post

That's how I used to do it. Right click on the post number and copy link. But when I'm logged in the post numbers disappear, only the date appears in the top right of each post. GRRRR
                  Fixed it. Changing from latest activity to posts in the accounts section under settings has restored post numbers, so I presume I can now copy posts. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Originally posted by david s View Post

Fixed it. Changing from latest activity to posts in the accounts section under settings has restored post numbers, so I presume I can now copy posts. Thanks for your help.

That's funny, I had just made that change a few weeks ago hoping to get a new posts button .
                    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

G'day
                      Couple of things that are driving me batty.
                      1 lost posts, I write a post and go to "post reply" and I get a message on the lines of human identification require. Grrrr I've figured my way out of it tonight but copy the text. Log out re log in and paste the rely. I'm guessing that I'm long winded and it's timed out but I'm still logged in? Help anyone.
                      2. Starting new threads. How do you, I'm feeling dumb but it doesn't seem that I have that privilege?
                      Regards dave
                      Measure twice
                      Cut once
                      Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                      My Door
                      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Hey Dave,
                        I've lost posts too. But, there is an auto save feature built into the reply box. I don't know if it has anything to do with it or not, but I usually select the Advanced Editor button before I start a reply. I don't know the timing but, I see it auto saving every so often. When I have lost posts, I just select Restore. That usually works.

Also, There should be a + New Topic button at the top left of each forum unless there is a conflict with your browser.

I hope this helps .

EDIT: I just remembered that you were using an iphone. It is not there in my iphone, just on my home computer aarrg!

EDIT: It seems that this a problem for moblile devices This is a search for + New Topic button on vbulliten's site. The problem has been around for along time. It seems that it is an on again off again problem based on which version of vb5 the site is under. I pm'd the moderator.
                        Last edited by Gulf; 08-26-2015, 07:24 AM.

Comment

G'day Gulf
                          Sorry, I hope you don't think I'm rude in not answering earlier.
                          My laptop is fritz, terminal I afraid.
                          I'm stuck with the I phone like you said it's not the best.
                          I'm going to get the old PC out of mothballs and try some more.
                          Regards dave
                          Measure twice
                          Cut once
                          Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                          My Door
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
                            I'm stuck with the I phone like you said it's not the best.

Regards dave
                            It drives me nuts trying to use the forum on iPhone or iPad. You can't pinch zoom like you could on the old forum. I wish they would fix it.

Comment

Ha ha the "new" Forum, well, I guess it all depends on when you joined. Me, I don't know how good or bad the old one was. This one seems fine to me. But I guess they have had time now to fix it up.
                              I can see some where quite excited about remove of the old one though.

Comment

Working...
                              X