Dried Bean help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dried Bean help

I've always used canned beans for my recipe (Jimmer Beans posted in Vegetables recipes) but I'm switching to dried.

The question I have is after soaking the beans should I cook each variety separately to make sure they're all done right?

I've got black, pinto, red, small white, large white and garbanzo's soaking. Do different varieties take different lengths of time to cook?

I'm worried that if I cook them together some will be done/overcooked while others will still be uncooked/crunchy.

Any dried bean cooking experts out there???

Sous-chef XJ
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: Dried Bean help

Hi XJim.............we use lots of dried pulses lentils, beans et al. We always cook the beans seperately after soaking as they do tend to cook at different speeds. Putting the dish together after ensures that all will be cooked to perfection. Coincidentally, I did two bean dishes in the oven last night.

Enjoy

Last edited by Inishta; 03-13-2008, 04:22 AM.

Comment

Thanks, that confirms what I was thinking about dried beans.

do you soak and precook your lentils?
      sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

XJ.........the lentils do not require any soaking..........just pop them in as they are..........

Comment

XJim,
          To see a guru seek advice is very humbling, eh.
          Mate, I'd follow the scent of your unwashed lentil pans to the edge of the earth.
          On Sunday.
          Maybe.
          Dinky Di, tru! (Now where did I find that one, eh.). . . . .stoppit.

Comment

Working...
          X