Clear All

• Check your ovens, folks!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Itsy.jpg
Views:	189
Size:	446.0 KB
ID:	382606

Meet Itsy.

She's friendly enough, but would bite if she fell onto you.

Clearly liking the warm, dry sanctuary of a WFO. Lived there over a year now!

(Who have you got in yours?)

I'm more likely to find them in the wood pile. We get hobo spiders here
    My build progress
    My WFO Journal on Facebook
    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Not quite the same but I found this guy lurking around the oven.

My dad put him there as a joke because I love dinosaurs and so does my 1 year old

Comment

This a good link to include under oven safety. Down here in the Southern US of A, we have the brown recluse and the black widow. From neither of which, do you want to receive a bite . Gloves are a must for gathering wood from a seasoned wood pile. Pick it up, turn over and be very, very certain !
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

My dog [ a 40kilo Bouvier ], cornered a big porkypine in the bottom of my oven .. fortunately no pincushion result !

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
            This a good link to include under oven safety. Down here in the Southern US of A, we have the brown recluse and the black widow. From neither of which, do you want to receive a bite . Gloves are a must for gathering wood from a seasoned wood pile. Pick it up, turn over and be very, very certain !
            We have a species of black widow down here in Oz that we call the Redback.
            I think they are pretty much the same as the northern hemisphere ones. We tend to be a bit blase about them, since they aren't very aggressive. I haven't found anything particularly dangerous in or around my oven yet. I drag the firewood from the pile out with my ash scraper, so I get to scrutinise it before I grab it. I did have a big Huntsman run over my hand while cutting timber once. That got my attention. I don't doubt they could be dangerous if they wanted to be, but most people kinda like 'em, they are kinda furry and cute, as far as spiders can be.
            Last edited by wotavidone; 11-06-2015, 06:40 AM.

Comment

My brother got bitten by a red back rang the doctor and he said come in if you have symtems
              Nothing happened so he did nothing.
              I would be more worried about snakes in the wood pile

Comment

I classify them all as critters. I don't want to get bitten by anything, poisonous or non poisonous. The critter may not hurt me but, it may cause me to hurt myself. It takes me about a hundred yards to finally process all of the info .
                Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Originally posted by Gulf View Post
                  I classify them all as critters. I don't want to get bitten by anything, poisonous or non poisonous. The critter may not hurt me but, it may cause me to hurt myself. It takes me about a hundred yards to finally process all of the info .
                  My wife "bites" occasionally, sometimes with venom, but I usually recover in a day or two.
                  Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

G'day
                    Found this little fella a little time ago In the wood heap
                    As you can see he is only a 6 in or so.
                    They can grow to 18 in and live for 18 months.
                    Not poisonous and a herbivore.
                    Emdemic to this area but as a stick creature they are hard to find.
                    They basically look like a stick and they move like a stick in a breeze.
                    Sorry to disappoint
                    Not everything here is a killer
                    Regards dave
                    Measure twice
                    Cut once
                    Fit in position with largest hammer

My Build
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f51/...ild-14444.html
                    My Door
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f28/...ock-17190.html

Comment

Neat critter, the only thing right now I have found on my oven is about 2 feet of snow. Lucky you that you can use your oven.
                      Russell
                      Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Working...
                      X