Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new members

Threads: 3,322, Posts: 28,557, Members: 3,800

This post marks a line in the sand....just curious how fast the FB group is growing.
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: new members

3850 today .....

but looking at the various polls and post ativity, it seems only a few remain active for very long....maybe 1%?
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Jim, you changed your location again! And here was me looking forward to endless here and there jokes....

Good question, I've also been wondering what makes people hang out in the forum, or leave it again after only a few posts. Maybe there are a lot of people who are active as long as they're building an oven, but loose interest afterwards - or maybe feel they haven't got as much to contribute anymore.

I don't know if I would have started to spend so much time here for so long if I hadn't had to interrupt my oven build for the winter... and then got into the habit of posting various silly comments on any subject that turns up.

Still, if all 3850 registered members were as active as some of the people here... it'd make for a rather unwieldy forum, right? Rather a lot to read on a daily basis...
      "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Hey look at that! Another 7 people just joined during the night!
        "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

Comment

I bet a lot of people never even post. There's a lot of access restrictions if you're not registered (e.g. you can't see photo attachments), so there's some incentive to register even if you don't contribute.

Then again, here I am spouting off about something that's pure conjecture, so I guess some people get sucked in.

Comment

Welcome to SpringJim. Pizziaolo extraordinaire! Not a difficult hat to wear, once you try it on.
            GJBingham
            -----------------------------------
            Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

It seems to be growing quite fast - I agree with Frances, if everybody posted every day; damn, how could we plow through it? I give people the link to see some of my pic's - they register for that purpose and then they are gone.
              Could explain a little bit of the numbers. But at the end of the day, I'm trying to give them religion - worship the oven.

Les...
              Check out my pictures here:
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Frances View Post
                Jim, you changed your location again! And here was me looking forward to endless here and there jokes....

Good question, I've also been wondering what makes people hang out in the forum, or leave it again after only a few posts. Maybe there are a lot of people who are active as long as they're building an oven, but loose interest afterwards - or maybe feel they haven't got as much to contribute anymore.

I don't know if I would have started to spend so much time here for so long if I hadn't had to interrupt my oven build for the winter... and then got into the habit of posting various silly comments on any subject that turns up.

Still, if all 3850 registered members were as active as some of the people here... it'd make for a rather unwieldy forum, right? Rather a lot to read on a daily basis...

Spring Midlife Crisis I guess....new name, new location, new aspirations...

I recently learned that you need at least one post to view pictures...and at least two posts to be able to add a link....so certainly a lot of people would join and post a couple of times just to get to view the pictures...

but there are also a lot of people who view and don't post....they are bigger than the core constituency......the lurking constituency.......

Jim

Threads: 3,431, Posts: 29,913, Members: 3,900
                Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

Lurkers are better than stalkers anyday.
                  GJBingham
                  -----------------------------------
                  Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Don't you need to join in order to download the free Pompeii plans? Perhaps many are just doing that.
                    Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
                    My oven build thread

Comment

Originally posted by mfiore View Post
                      Don't you need to join in order to download the free Pompeii plans? Perhaps many are just doing that.
                      I'm pretty sure that's a different system.

Comment

I've been thinking about this one a bit more and have come to the conclusion that it takes a certain kind of person to contribute lots of posts to this forum.

It has to be person with right kind of qualifications - a love of WFOs, a sense of humour, someone who likes working with their hands, all that kind of stuff.

But the main and most important qualification has to be: someone with a heck of a lot of time on their hands.... right?

And George... you want abuse? Stop equating being a stay at home parent and spending all your time in the forum with not having a life... even if it may be true. There are far worse ways of spending your time if you do happen to be at home most of the time.

Comment

My forum participation tends to be sporadic these days.

With two teens who have a constant "need" to be connected to the 'net - usually the other FB (FaceBook) though "homework research" is occasionally a legit excuse - I either have to beat them off with a stick to get near the computer or get on-line early before they get up (less & less am I able to outlast them at night till they're in bed)!

The money for a third computer got spent on building an oven .

Comment

Uh-oh, talk about the ghost of times to come.... I can still force mine to let me have a go at the computer at the moment. Just.

Comment

[QUOTE=Frances;30774]I've been thinking about this one a bit more and have come to the conclusion that it takes a certain kind of person to contribute lots of posts to this forum.

QUOTE]
                              You don't have to be crazy....but it helps
                              Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

Working...
                              X