For the playoffs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the playoffs!

My wife took a photo of me on the day I started digging for the foundation slab. I noticed that in the photo, I had a crew cut haircut. Today, several weeks later, my hair is much longer.

In honor of the hockey playoffs, I will not cut my hair until I have finished my oven. I better hurry, my hair is getting very unruly.
    "Pizza, the world's most perfect food."

Re: For the playoffs!

I got it!
    In honor of the playoffs, we could make book on how long your hair will get! Or, even easier, how long it will take. We all pony up, pick a date, and whoever guesses the day on which you set the keystone takes all!

Only problem is that, of cource, Pizza junky, you can't play - sorry.

What do ya'all think?

dusty

Comment

And don't laugh! In our pick-a-Pope pool a few years back, I won $50!

dusty

Comment

And the Warriors win 49 games and don't make the playoffs.

But what about those A's. They are young, cheap and winning. Billy Beane is the most interesting character in baseball.
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

James,
          I take it you read Moneyball? Must-read for any baseball fan. Author follows Billy Beane around for a year or so and then writes the book. "Interesting character" is an understatment.

So are you in the pool?

dusty

Comment

I love pools. Sign me up, and let me know when to make a guess and where to send my money. Beware -- I always beat the kids. :-)

James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Go Red Wings......
              sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Oh, start talking about fishing again, please...

This post of mine also has a reason though: What's missing here is that picture with the short hair. Can't really guess about its final length unless you can see where you're starting out from.
                "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Right Frances, and a vid of how slow/fast you're working. My hair grew way out during my build.
                  GJBingham
                  -----------------------------------
                  Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Ball (puck) is in your court Pizza junky. How 'bout it?

dusty

Comment

You guys are too funny! Due to my difficulties getting photos posted, it might be better for you to vote on a finish date. As far as my speed goes, I'm not that fast. I spend more time thinking and rethinking than actually working. I started on 3/13/08 with digging for foundation. As of today, I only have the soldier course up. No front arch yet. I can only work on weekends, but my vacation starts on 5/1/08, so I will have 3 weeks to really get some work done then. I actually hope to be finished by 5/9/08. I hope I'm not too optimistic about the estimated finish date.
                      "Pizza, the world's most perfect food."

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaJNKY View Post
                        You guys are too funny! Due to my difficulties getting photos posted, it might be better for you to vote on a finish date. As far as my speed goes, I'm not that fast. I spend more time thinking and rethinking than actually working. I started on 3/13/08 with digging for foundation. As of today, I only have the soldier course up. No front arch yet. I can only work on weekends, but my vacation starts on 5/1/08, so I will have 3 weeks to really get some work done then. I actually hope to be finished by 5/9/08. I hope I'm not too optimistic about the estimated finish date.

Photos are easy now....download picasa, pick your photos, hit export (they're sized right) and do your FB post with attachments....

....or are you just playing fantacy oven????
                        sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Working...
                        X