Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gulf
    replied
    Your welcome Les. The discussion that I linked was not on this forum. It was on the vBulletin forum. I did not see it either, until I was researching your problem. I became a lurker over there last summer .

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied
    Thanks Gulf. I'm not hanging around as often as I used to so I missed the discussion. I am just trying to upload off my computer. I'll try saving the file to see if it works. Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied
    Les,

I don't know for sure. But according to vBulletin, it is not a new problem. It may have to do with some programs/appliances using different titles for the same format (jpg, .jpg, or jpeg ). They all read the same to me but, the current security settings don't see it that way. They are preparing a fix for it in the next version 5.2.5 . Actually, they were having discussions about the problem , just last month, on the vBulletin tech site. If you scroll up through the discussion, they say that there is currently no work-around for the problem. I doubt that is true. My guess, is that if you do a "file save as" and select jpeg, saving it to your computer, it will then upload just fine. That may not be possible if you are trying to upload from certain phones or tablets but, you may be able to send it to your desk top and then do that. Another way is to use a secondary pic program like Picasa or Google Photos. Picasa is slowly being phased out by Google Photos. I'm sure that there are other great pic progrmas out there.

I hope this helps

EDIT: Are you using the camera icon to upload pics? It usually works the bestest .
    Last edited by Gulf; 11-20-2016, 06:49 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Les
    started a topic Uploading a photo

Uploading a photo

Anybody know why I am getting this message? I haven't uploaded a photo since the new site went live. This is just a simple jpeg file but it's getting rejected. Image upload failed because the extension of this file did not match the content.

Thanks!
Working...
X