Hi all,
it is with sincere regret but with some sort of simple pleasure to post a new thread as a memorial to Hendo; Paul Henderson, who passed away recently after 14 years fighting the incideous disease, cancer.
Please refer to:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f30/...very-3568.html

for the preceeding thread and comments but I felt a need for something a little more special.
I have contacted his family and visited them today where I received the photograph of Paul.
Paul went to an incredible amount of detail in planning not only his beloved Pompeii oven , but also the entire entertainment area which is planned to include a barbeque, a deep fryer (may be omitted even though it is in a box on the property), a sink, fridge, granite benchtops and a very tastefully built patio.
I also met and worked with his brickie, Dallas, and we cut and closed the last two courses and the keystone bricks for his oven dome. We plan to get into the remaining brickwork, the walls of the patio, back of kitchen workbench and utilities and oven walls in 10 days and have the area finished in around a month or two at the maximum.
Paul's attention to detail is reflected in the quality of the brick cutting and the build as the attached pictures show.
We hope to continue Paul's dream to completion, even though his home is an hours drive across town for me to travel each way non peak traffic.

Regards.

Neill

PS. A late picture of Paul, his oven and the closing stages!