cooking pizzas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cooking pizzas

One of my favorites on a pizza is sausage. For those of you that have already finished your ovens, is the pizza in the oven long enough to cook the sausage, or do you have to first fry or grill the sausage prior to putting it on the uncooked pizza?
    "Pizza, the world's most perfect food."

Re: cooking pizzas

I usually precook my sausage but that's because I want to reduce the fat.

But I think it will be okay....Try it as the last ingredient on top initially, not too large pieces initially....and go from there.
    Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

Originally posted by PizzaJNKY View Post
      is the pizza in the oven long enough to cook the sausage, or do you have to first fry or grill the sausage prior to putting it on the uncooked pizza?
      Because of potential problems with undercooked pork, we precook. We love Italian sausage on our pizzas. We fry it up before hand, drain the fat and sprinkle it on the pizza. Works great!

I'm not too sure raw pork would get fully cooked in the pizza oven.
      Ken H. - Kentucky
      42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
      Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

I would agree with Jim. Cook the meat first. Although I have yet to finish my oven (and speak from observation rather than experience), rather than grilling or frying, while the oven is firing up, I've seen people place the sausage in a pan toward the vent of the oven to cook the sausage.
        Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
        My oven build thread

Comment

If you do cook the meat first, then I usually put them lower on the pizza...unless you want them blackened

I call this the logic sequence...protect those ingredients down by the dough that you don't want to char (pepperoni and sausage?) and put other ingredients up top that you want to toast (for me the onions and peppers, tomatoes too...all stand up to the heat well)...goes for cheese too, the parmesan is often better under the ingredient pile while the soft mozzarella goes up top.....but I used to call them dinner pizza's!
          Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

when I am cooking pizza with sausage I usaully pre-cook my sausages.
            They taste better when you pre-cook it.
            I love being a mom and a cook!!!

Comment

Working...
            X