Little help needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little help needed!

I have been thinking about a invention for quite some time that I need some direction on. I live in a small town with very limited knowledge in the field of chemistry or with any link to that person. My only option is to fan the yellow pages and pick blindly. I have been a lurker on this site for some time now and have begun to trust the judgement of the guys here. My idea will require, I believe, a small amount of time for someone with a chemistry background. Anyone with a suggestion of who to call? Thanks Nicky

Re: Little help needed!

You have me a little miffed Nicky,
    why do you need somebody with a chemical background to build a wood fired oven? Unless you are going to use second hand bricks with a dubious background!
    Dont get too into costs as you can source good second hand lmaterials and equipment and take time as the money becomes available to complete the project.
    Read the posts, ask your questions and get into sourcing masterials and give it your best shot1 You might just surprise yourself just what you can and do achieve.

Neill
    Last edited by nissanneill; 06-09-2008, 04:02 PM.
    Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
    Neill’s kitchen underway
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

How involved? My son knows someone in that major that will graduate next semester. If you are looking for someone that?s "been around the block" - this is not the lead you need.

Les...
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Rumor has it Nicky is working on the world's first CFO (Chemically Fired Oven). A small domed structure that, when filled with Cyalume light sticks, actaully chills food. This will be the perfect companion for any WFO...imagine, a delicous pizza from your WFO to be followed by a nice lemon gelato from your CFO...

Well...that's the rumor I'm starting...
        ------------------------
        "If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right." - Henry Ford

Comment

Run over to Pizzamaking.com and look for "November".

Comment

Originally posted by cplain View Post
            Rumor has it Nicky is working on the world's first CFO (Chemically Fired Oven). A small domed structure that, when filled with Cyalume light sticks, actaully chills food. This will be the perfect companion for any WFO...imagine, a delicous pizza from your WFO to be followed by a nice lemon gelato from your CFO...

Well...that's the rumor I'm starting...
            Hey you guys have great Ideas! maybe I should use yours instead of mine. No the idea does not include wood or ovens but an old head could save time and hopefully $$. Maybe the next guest at the pizza party will be the one. Nicky

Comment

Originally posted by nandj1966 View Post
              No the idea does not include wood or ovens
              OK - we're getting it narrowed down. No wood or oven, but it involves a chemical engineer. Since you're posting on this forum, I'm throwing out the possibility of a 1 second dough rise? Close?

Les...
              Check out my pictures here:
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

dirty bomb? another Coca-Cola recipe? "designer" growth hormone/fertilizer that will revolutionize farming and end world hunger? Come on, more hints please........and as Dave would say - WE NEED PICTURES!!!

RT

Comment

Wait a minute, maybe I am qualified.
                  In high school I was an "Advanced Technical Petroleum Transfer Engineer".
                  (I pumped gas at a full service Shell station) - for those possibly looking for a career change.
                  Let me know, I can still twist a mean gas cap and leave windows streak free.

RT

Comment

Originally posted by nandj1966 View Post
                    I have been a lurker on this site for some time now and have begun to trust the judgement of the guys here.
                    Stick around longer and maybe we can change that!

Who you gonna call?....ghost busters or myth busters

I'm a geologist....we got to have a chemist out there .... and don't forget JoeEngineer......put a few heads together and we could really have some fun!
                    Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

I suggest you look on a website of a major university and find a professor who specializes in what you are talking about. Email him or her and ask for leads.

Comment

Join eGullet and get in touch with Jack Lang, a forum member and very knowledgeable about chemistry. He's in Cambridge, UK, if I recall correctly.

Jim
                        "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Originally posted by SpringJim View Post
                          Stick around longer and maybe we can change that!

Who you gonna call?....ghost busters or myth busters

I'm a geologist....we got to have a chemist out there .... and don't forget JoeEngineer......put a few heads together and we could really have some fun!

Dad is a retired registered Engineering Geologist specializing in earthen and thin arch dams (I have been in damn dams than I can remember, actually it was kinda cool) As for me I am a registered Mechanical Engineer with a few years of gas turbine analysis under my belt.

Not much help in the chemical field. I do know that for cleaning the bathroom you should mix amonia and clorox together (Just kidding don't do it folks bad stuff will happen)

je

Comment

Working...
                          X