The George Enigma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The George Enigma

I sent George an e-mail early on (last month) and tried a second one later (this week), only to find he no longer accepts emails!

To me he was a very active and fun part of the FB Forum...so I miss him!....anyone really know why George dropped off the FB world?.....It's a puzzle to me
    Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Re: The George Enigma

I was wondering the same thing - just want to be sure he's okay? Does anyone know his status?

Comment

I think he needed a break. Plus I did sort of give him grief for one of his posts.....
      i hope it's not my fault!
      My thread:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
      My costs:
      http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
      My pics:
      http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Dave, I would hope that the very mild grief you gave him wouldn't have done it. Even he admitted that he'd been a little hard on whoever it was.

I don't know why he'd stop taking emails, but I do seem to remember he had another child on the way? Maybe he's just too busy and doesn't want to get sucked back in right now?

My family gives me grief about the time I spend looking at this site (oh, mom's on the oven place again....) (with audible eyerolls, I might add) and I know he was on a lot. Cold turkey seems a bit harsh, but maybe???

He is missed, for sure.
        Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

I wish I knew too - I've seen several posts in the last few weeks from others wondering the same thing but no one seems to know...

I was not on-line that much at the time he decided to give the forum a break (I hope that's all it is) and was surprised and saddened when it became apparent he'd gone. Even when I'm not regularly posting, I enjoy reading the various postings of others and George's were one of my favourites.

George, if you check in and read this - WE MISS YOU!!

BTW, it is easy to read more than what was intended into some postings because there's no physical presence to help with context or perspective or clarification so if that's what's happened (been there), hopefully some temporary time away will make things right again.

Comment

We lost a couple of valuable members around that time...I say lost but really hope it is just temporary...there were some issues happening then that I really don't understand but...I miss his presence here also...
            Dutch
            "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
            "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

What? I'm not the only one that get's grief for the amount of time spent planning, working , thinking about their oven - not to mention the actual build time .

I know how it is about taking a break...

Maybe James has a way to check in with George to make sure he's at least okay.

Dick

Comment

I did some net searching in Georges area and I don't think he's made the news or newspapers so that's good...

Christo
                My oven progress -
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
                sigpic

Comment

I think George has a tougher skin than many realize. I shared his views on many topics - including the post in question. I think we were alike in many ways and we get a bit irritated when others don't show the drive, passion, due diligence, and attempt shortcuts ......unfortunetly we both have offended a few folks at times - not intentionally, we are simply more direct and to the point; I would go so far as to say "tactless" at times (at least in my case). Sarah makes a valid point...there isn't any physical presence and what may be a minor concern or irritance to one member is viewed as confrontational and offensive by another.
                  He spent a lot of time on his oven and I think even more on this forum. I'm guessing he needed a break and had more important tasks to deal with in day to day life.
                  In any case.....I sure hope he pops back in from time to time, he was pretty comical at times.
                  George.....at least pop in and say "hey". Basic human concern it eating away at a lot of us.

RT

Comment

No George news eh?

That post issue will not go away....newbies are forced to post once or twice to access the site.....with over 5000 members and new one's all the time you're likely to get some interesting posts....and we have!

And I did think George had much thicker skin! (I'm guessing he's watching us under an assumed name)

XJ (er...SJ)
                    Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

Today is George's 50th birthday.

Comment

Happy Birthday George!!!
                        My oven progress -
                        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
                        sigpic

Comment