Any clue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any clue

We went for a Harley ride today looking at the fall colors. I ran across this thing - any clue to what it may have been used for. I was next to an old house that was all boarded up - pretty creepy.... I kept looking up at the second story windows thinking I would see Blair witch looking out - my wife kept looking back thinking someone was going to hit us on the head with a shovel. Really strange vibes at the place....
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Re: Any clue

Could be a kiln. Looks like a well built structure, I bet your local historical society would know the history.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

I'm with dmun...a kiln? What a great find in any case. Les, what would you say the actual dimensions are? And how big is the acess in the bottom?
      Very cool

RT

Comment

Rt - I'm thinking the floor was around 5 x 5. The opening was maybe 2 x 3 foot.The height of the chimney was HUGE, I'd guess at least 50 ft. high. That was one serious chimney! On the right hand side, there was an opening about 12 x 24 inches, obviously for draft. The vibes we got walking around the property was that it was a crematorium - but there is not a sole around there for 30 miles

Les...
        Last edited by Les; 10-27-2008, 07:15 PM.
        Check out my pictures here:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

How about we stick with it being a kiln...a crematorium next to an old boarded up house is REALLY creepy. Strange that it is in the middle of nowhere...and with its size, they obviously were not trying to hide anything.

RT

Comment

Pretty neat. Are you going to check it out with the historical society? You have my curiosity up.

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post
              any clue to what it may have been used for?
              Really strange vibes at the place....
              Torture chamber?

dusty

Comment

Working...
              X