Weekend Backyard Bread Oven Article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend Backyard Bread Oven Article

Hey, did anyone else catch the article on 'adobe' bread ovens in the Nov/Dec issue of Grit? It's really cob (adobe is sun dried brick which are then used to build with and are plastered over; cob is wet 'brick' or cobs built in place to form a single whole and allowed to dry) but I thought it was really cool to see it in a more mainstream publication. It's billed as a weekend project whch is actually doable if you have good knees. I don't so mine will be on a much higher stand (assuming I ever get a place of my own to build it on - that saga continues - sigh).

I haven't checked to see if it's online. It might be since the new issue is out. But whatta I know? I'd had no idea Grit had gone glossy until last January...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Re: Weekend Backyard Bread Oven Article

Haven't seen the article (what is Grit?!) but I had considered building a cob oven before I found the FB pompeii oven. Cob is a building form I wouldn't mind exploring sometime in the future as it looks interesting and fun to do, and it's got all kinds of possible applications.

As for a place to build your oven ... hang in there, it'll come!

Sarah

Comment

Haven't seen the article (what is Grit?!)
      Grit Magazine: Celebrating Rural Community Since 1882
      Un amico degli amici.

Comment

Yea, a fellow cob fan! Thanks for the encouragement, Sarah.

And thanks for the link, Alfredo.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
        [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
        X