Mac Users??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mac Users??

My kids spilled a beverage in the old laptop, forcing me to "upgrade" my computer sooner than I planned. Not exactly in the holiday budget.

I've debated switching to a Mac for years. I have yet to hear a Mac user complain. So, I went out and got a new iMac this am.

Any other Mac users here? Any tips for a guy who has been with a PC for decades?
    Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
    My oven build thread

Re: Mac Users??

You'll do fine. If you're a "I like to learn from messing around" guy, then mess around. If you prefer a tutorial, there's lots out there.

My only tip is: no more spilling.

If you have specific questions, let me know.

Comment

Macs are great. The best thing is they seem to be free of virus attacks.
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

You mean there are other real computers other than macs???
        I have been a mac user since the first 'apple' was released and not far off upgrading and waiting for the quad processor imac.
        They are very clever machines and a whole of software and games (heaven forbid using them on a real computer rather than an xbox or similar).
        You won't regret it.
        mfiore,
        The only problem will be apportioning time to get into your oven and cooking over your new toy.
        Run all your music, your multimedia, your phone and even run your house once it is wired up from your mac.
        My son uses his to control just about everything through his imac, he can even control his mouse and computer through his phone.
        As he pulls up his rather long drive, his mac is connecting with his phone to upgrade his details.
        Far beyond my mere capabilities.
        Neill
        Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
        Neill’s kitchen underway
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

I'm a real Mac guy -- I even worked for the company a long time ago. FB.com is built using Mac's. If you haven't found it yet, check out Pandora.com -- it's Internet radio that only plays songs you like. We stream all our music through Airtunes speakers.

One of the best quotes I read was something like "Mac is a BMW and PC is a Buick. They both get you there, but one of them is a lot more fun."

If you are looking for a new computer -- for yourself, for work or for your kids, you can't go wrong. And Mac market share just keeps going up, so there is no risk of buying an orphan. Go for it.
          James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Ten years ago my son was doing his first year electrical and electronics engineering course ar the local university and came home saying that he wanted to lease or rent a mac laptop for his studies.
            They only use Windows machines for all the electrical and electronics software and I asked why a mac.
            Because the others are too slow and antiquated.
            I bought him a laptop, it was running Classic OS so he then ran virtual PC, (to provide an environment that would then run a windows operating system) windows 98 and then his software programmes.
            He claimed that it was running faster than the windows machines at Uni.
            So when mac OSX was released, he also installed that so he could run 4 different operating systems and any programme that he wanted on a laptop!
            Very clever equipment.
            He now runs everything, and I mean everything of his 21" imac.

Neill
            Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
            Neill’s kitchen underway
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Working...
            X