Your Favorite Recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Favorite Recipe

What's your favorite recipe? If it's not on the FB site, why not?

So, take the poll and post your favorite(s)
    I've posted a recipe on FB
    23.68%
    I've used a recipe I found on FB
    28.95%
    I've commented on a recipe that someone has posted
    23.68%
    I've modified and improved a recipe I found on FB
    10.53%
    Someone else does the cooking
    0.00%
    I'd like to but I need to get the oven built first!
    7.89%
    I just like to look at the pictures
    5.26%
    Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Re: Your Favorite Recipe

I have yet to find a better recipe for pizza than piomike's. I quoted it in a thread awhile back concerning yeast. Using the recipe I make a 11 to 12 inch pizza using a 180 gram dough ball, that's using regular bread flour and dividing the full recipe into thirds.

I don't now how to make the link to that posting so here's the whole missive I posted on that thread:

I too have recently picked up the same Red Star yeast at Costco, but due to our incessant rain have yet to try it out.

However, I have used piomike's recipe (see below) with a slight modification of starting four hours before the baking; and at the two hour mark do a stretch and thirds fold (twice) and then divide and form into balls (and have the second rise in separate containers).

The point I want to make is I just dump the active dry yeast directly into the other dry ingredients in the food processor...no premix and activate with warm water as one does in making bread.

Total time to make and cleanup our food processor is 20 minutes, for enough dough for six 12 inch pizzas (double this recipe). Not a single failure so far (I have made over sixty pizzas using this recipe) and lots of compliments from friends including one who lives part of the year and owns a home in Tuscany. I've been using Stone Buhr bread flour and sea salt.

piomike's receipe:
    quote:
    2 cups bread flour
    1 tsp quick rise yeast or 1/2 pack
    1 tsp salt
    1 tbsp Olive Oil
    1 cup warm water

in a food processor with the plastic blade. blend dry ingrediants add oil then turn on and add the water slowly. It is a wet dough. Turn out on a floured surface and knead 5-10 times put in a large oiled bowl, rise 2 hours in a warm place. thats it and it is great........ unquote

Wiley

Comment

I haven't done that much baking recently and my favorite soup recipe is a slow cooker recipe.

Wiley, just copy and paste the URL. The site will automatically create the link.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
      [/CENTER]

Comment

Thanks Archena, but when I tried that all I got in the preview was the link to the thread, not a link to the individual post. After some experimenting on what you suggested I see if I click on the post number in the upper right hand corner of the post I want to link to I get a new URL for that individual post and I can copy and paste that URL like this:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/10/p...2.html#post526

for a link to piomike's original posting.

Thanks, eventually I'll figure out how to make a link,
        Wiley

Comment

Piomike's Recipe

Opps, sorry - forgot you were linking a post. Is the above what you wanted?
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

[/CENTER]

Comment

I'll have to give this recipe a try. My pizza dough often comes out to soft and delicate to toss or stretch well, it tears holes in the middle. Any thoughts on how to get the good elasticity of the doughs that can really get tossed around and handled/shaped?

Comment

Archena, yes both of the hot links work and I suppose that recipe has now gotten as much attention as it needs for the moment :-)
              Bests,
              Wiley

Comment

Drat, I was gonna post it again....

We now return you to SpringJim's thread, already in progress....

[/CENTER]

Comment

My favorite recipe was the sauce for our pizza that my wife share with me, that I share with the "friends of FB".
                  An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
                  http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Robert! You're back - enjoying our weather now that you don't have to build in it?

Les...
                    Check out my pictures here:
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Why yes I am. Great to see you still contributing to the youth
                      An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
                      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Working...
                      X