Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

And only a completely different note....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And only a completely different note....

I had Lasik surgery Friday. It went great. My vision was 20/15 when they checked it Saturday! So far it's wonderful - although I keep feeling like I just got a new prescription and that I should put on my glasses (habit).

Anyway, just thought I'd tell y'all. Okay, that and I'm still psyched!

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Re: And only a completely different note....

I keep thinking about LAsik, but always hesitate. I'm afraid it would screw up my near vision (which is still very good) - I also get a little freaked when I think about someone pointing a laser at my eye....

I'm glad it worked so well for you - I think I'll ask if I'm still a good candidate at my next eye exam... it's been around for a long time now - it outa be a pretty solid process.

Congrats!

Christo
    My oven progress -
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
    sigpic

Comment

Congratulations!

I had the same thing, feeling sort of naked without the glasses I'd worn for oh, 30 years.

But isn't it great to be able to read the alarm clock without them? And at least for me, here, it was good to be able to see the snow closing listings on the tv in the morning without having to put the glasses on (too much like really waking up, you know...)
      Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Oh, I want. How does the recovery feel? Is it pretty fast and easy?
        Nikki

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Christo,

I admit I was a little hesitant, but it has been around awhile and is very effective. Go on and look into it - it can’t hurt to ask. So far so good. I’m very pleased with mine. Let me know if you decide to go ahead and do it.

Elizabeth,

Yes, that was one of the biggest joys for me. I keep staring at clocks, because I can’t believe I can see them without my glasses. I actually think I see a little bit better than I did with my glasses. I had also been wearing glasses for about 30 years - I still can’t believe I can drive without them!

Nikki,

Recovery hasn’t been bad at all. They sometimes burn just a little, but nothing lubricating drops can’t take care of. I have a lot of drops I have put in my eyes, and a couple sting, but it really isn’t bad at all.

The surgery was amazingly fast. The exam before the surgery took about an hour and a half, the surgery itself took 15 minutes. I was in and out in 30 minutes! I kept thinking he was just doing the preparation, when in fact he was doing the surgery! There was a little pressure at one point, and the bright light made it hard to keep my eyes open, but that was as bad as it got.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

[/CENTER]

Comment

Just think how many new cracks you'll discover!

Comment

The carpet does look rougher than I thought....

[/CENTER]

Comment

I've also been debating this over the past several years. I still see a lot of eye doctors wearing glasses!

I think I've finally gotten up the courage. I budgeted for it this spring.

Glad to hear it worked out for you.
                Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
                My oven build thread

Comment

Mike, just make sure you have a good doc with a lot of experience. Some have done a lot more than others!

I'm not sorry I had mine- even as I approach having to have glasses to read again....(not quite there, but I will for sure someday!) The only effect I had trouble with was night driving for a while afterward- things had halos and it was a bit hard to tell how far away things were. That passed, though, after several months.

It was painless for me as well.
                  Elizabeth

Comment

Originally posted by Archena View Post
                    Christo,

I admit I was a little hesitant, but it has been around awhile and is very effective. Go on and look into it - it can?t hurt to ask. So far so good. I?m very pleased with mine. Let me know if you decide to go ahead and do it.
                    I had mine done a good ten + years ago and let me tell you; it's the greatest thing since sliced bread (pun intended). No matter how much they tell you that your life will change, you will not be prepared.

They said that I would need reading glasses - I though that's not too big a deal. What I was not hearing was that this includes ANYTHING or any activity from the tip of your nose to the end of your outstretched hands - including reading.

You will lose your close-up vision.

Elizabeth,

Yes, that was one of the biggest joys for me. I keep staring at clocks, because I can?t believe I can see them without my glasses. I actually think I see a little bit better than I did with my glasses. I had also been wearing glasses for about 30 years - I still can?t believe I can drive without them!
                    The first thing they had me do after the procedure was to look at the clock hanging on the wall. Fantastic...

Nikki,

Recovery hasn?t been bad at all. They sometimes burn just a little, but nothing lubricating drops can?t take care of. I have a lot of drops I have put in my eyes, and a couple sting, but it really isn?t bad at all.

The surgery was amazingly fast. The exam before the surgery took about an hour and a half, the surgery itself took 15 minutes. I was in and out in 30 minutes! I kept thinking he was just doing the preparation, when in fact he was doing the surgery! There was a little pressure at one point, and the bright light made it hard to keep my eyes open, but that was as bad as it got.
                    I had a similar experience in recovery. What I do remember clearly was, after some drops that numb the eye itself, they test your cornea for pressure. Quite an experience seeing a small diameter cylindrical probe heading you your open eye, not feeling a thing, and watching it deform the surface of the eye. Unforgettable.

J W

Comment

Hi JW,

Thus far my close vision is okay. They had warned me I'd need reading glasses but so far I don't. I probably will need something for very close work - threading needles isn't all that easy - but reading is no problem.

[/CENTER]

Comment

I haven't needed glasses yet for near vision. I had mine done oh, 6 years ago now. You might not need them until you get to "that age". I'm nearly there, but not quite. Also not quite ready to have to keep up with reading glasses!
                        Elizabeth

Comment

I'm a bit late seeing this, but congratulations - glad to hear it worked out so well!

Sarah

Comment

Thanks!

It looks like I will be getting readers. I can read fine but really close work like threading needles is difficult.

Good thing I don't sew that often!

[/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                            X