X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geese Problem

Hello friends,
    I want to keep away geese from my home.
    because they bite and also spoil the place.
    any suggestion.

Re: Geese Problem

Build a pizza oven! That should solve the problem!
    Stupid Geese!
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Do a google - seems to be quite a few solutions. Here is one.

AwayWithGeese.com

I know for a fact that a 12 ga shotgun works

Les...
      Check out my pictures here:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

AwayWithGeese.com does not promote the practice of using harmful chemicals in order to disperse or injure geese.
        I know for a fact that a 12 ga shotgun works.
        I wonder if lead pellets are considered a harmful chemical.
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Turns out by federal regulation, most places you hunt geese you are required to use steel pellets... so no need to worry about the lead ...

JED

Comment

Hmmmm, why isn't lead spelled led? Why didn't we just stick with the original latin name plumbum?

Perhaps it became a gay term of endearment, something like sweet-cheeks, and we rough-riding, beer swilling, dome building macho types just couldn't tolerate the cutsie association with our most beloved metal in buck shot and fishing weights. The unfortunate mis-spelling has left millions wondering ever since.
            Then again, why isn't walk spelled wok?.................

Stupid geese! See all the problems they cause!
            GJBingham

-

Comment

mmmmm wood fired goose
              Real men cook with fire
              My Oven and Fireplace Build

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post

AwayWithGeese.com

Les...
                Hi,
                I review your site. I got surprise.
                I have little query.
                How is work?

Comment

Geese are a huge problem in the public spaces in and around Toronto. The city has a pack of dogs that they rotate among the parks to chase the geese away, but that doesn't last (it might at your home, though. Good excuse to get a dog ) The other thing the city does is let the grass grow longer than they normally would - apparently geese don't like their tushies tickled .

The suburban office I work in is in an area that was farm land 15 years ago and is still not fully developed. The building sits in the middle of a huge asphalt parking lot and is flanked by open fields - prime topography for geese to nest and breed. In about a month the parents will lead the annual spring parade past my office window - last year we counted 37 goslings!

The problem is that geese are essentially flying, waddling food processors; in one end and out the other like...well, like grain through a goose, as country folk say. The average Canada goose drops a kilo of poop per day . This made getting from the ofice to your car something of a challenge until the plant manager did a bit of research (including at local airports, which employ hawks to control the flocks) and found out that geese do not like the smell of vinegar. About mid-summer last year they sprayed the parking lot with a diluted vinegar solution and hey, presto! no more slimy green mess. Might be worth a try.
                  Last edited by Alfredo; 03-04-2009, 08:07 AM.
                  Un amico degli amici.

Comment

Here's a thought:
                    GJBingham

-

Comment

That was my first thought, George...

There's a resident population here in SW VA. Nasty habits those things have. The golf courses HATE them. As does the University, which has its soccer practice fields down by the river. Or maybe it's the soccer players who hate them? Brings new meaning to slide tackling, that's for sure.
                      Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Hi,
                        Thanks for all who spent their precise time and also express their ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Les View Post

Les...
                          Hi ,

Is the geese control pest effective for all types of geese?
                          Otherwise it is varies from type by type,

Comment

My mother was a young lady during the depression. Learned to be resourceful.

When dog-sitting for a family that had a lake-side home she got fed up with the dog tracking goose poo inside.

So she set up a 'goose fence' alone the lakefront. Simple pieces of wire coat-hanger stuck into the ground every 8 - 12 feet (apart). She then strung white cotton twine about 6 inches up from the ground.

We had lots of fun watching the geese come on land see the fence and go back into the water. They couldn't raise their feet high enough to cross, it went across the entire width so they couldn't go around.

Problem solved.

Comment

Hello Friends,

How to use geese control pest to remove geese from my home? My home is located on lake front view. Dear Altamont I like you mom idea and I implement it. Later on I discuss with you how much it work for me.

Anyway thanks to every one for your great support.

Comment

Working...
                              X