Annual March Bracket Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Annual March Bracket Crash

Does anyone else have this problem. I got two of the first three games played wrong. Blah.

Can you be statistically eliminated after 60 minutes?

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Annual March Bracket Crash

Well, James, at least we have reasonable confidence that your bread skills exceed your prognostication skills! )

More seriously, my Longhorns made it through the first round but...Duke will be an interesting matchup. Duke should clearly be favored but the Horns can beat anyone on the right night.

The madness continues...and the symptoms can only be moderated by great pizza and sourdough!

Good luck!
    Jay

Comment

Cal lost, but I got a little better over the rest of day 1. Brother lives near St. Mary's in NorCal, which many people think were the last team to not make the field of 64. Dad went to Penn St., who also just missed. Darn.

At last check, I'm 30,058 on the NY Times. The winner gets a Kindle, but it isn't looking good. :-)
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

One web site (USA today, MSNBC?) was offering 100 grand for a perfect bracket. Has that ever happened? My team didn't even make it - got invited to a junk tournament and was "one and done". Oh well - next year

Les...
        Check out my pictures here:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Hold the press. I'm doing a little better, and I've had six in a row right into the sweet 16. I'm down to 6,180. Who knows. :-)
          James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I'm holding pretty steady. 8,175. I have 13 of the sweet 16, and 1 automatic loser. Wisconsin was my big upset hope (my longshot into the round of 16), but they didn't quite make it.

Does anybody else have a work or Internet pool? I joined the one at my brother's law firm and almost won a few years ago. It is, of course, all luck. :-)

James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
              I'm holding pretty steady. 8,175. I have 13 of the sweet 16, It is, of course, all luck. :-)
              13 of the 16 - you may have missed your calling James - Vegas needs you!

Les...

Comment

What are the statistical odds of a perfect bracket (assuming all teams are equal!)
                Ken H. - Kentucky
                42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
                Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

The odds are infinitesimal - estimated at 9,223,372,036,854,775,808 to 1 for all 65 games.

Jay

Comment

Must be a guy thing ... I know you're talking about a sport ...

Comment

Originally posted by sarah h View Post
                      Must be a guy thing ... I know you're talking about a sport ...
                      Sarah,

To someone outside of the US this all must sound goofy. The US national college basketball tournament is going on this month. They call it "March Madness".

Pretty much NOTHING is more important right now. They have done studies that show worker productivity falls during the tournament (and many bosses & supervisers don't seem to care ).

I guess you could compare it to the World Cup.

Personally, I don't understand what all the fuss is about. Louisville is going to take it this year and everyone knows it

Go CARDS!
                      Ken H. - Kentucky
                      42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
                      Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

I don't know about that Ken - Our commander in Swish has you falling to UNC

Comment

Sarah,

I have this much fun with World Cup as well. I like the big draw tournaments. Euro Cup was also a lot of fun, despite the fact the England didn't even qualify!

How's that Canadian national soccer team? :-)

Everything picks back up tomorrow and the top seeds are burying everybody. We have a bunch of #1 vs #4 and #2 vs #3 teams playing. The biggest "longshot" is Arizona, who has been to the tournament 25 years in a row.

I had Louisville losing the Wake Forrest -- who lost in the first round! That's my one wipeout at the round of 16.
                          James
                          Pizza Ovens
                          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Ken - the way your team played today - damn!!! Might not be stopped. AZ was a rag doll.

Les...

Comment

Working...
                            X