Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you could make only one pizza

what would it be?
    I have been booked on 2 morning shows in the next 2 days to bring my wood fired pizza oven trailer to the studios and cook on camera. With the spot probably only lasting a minute or two, I was thinking margharita because I love the colors and it is my favorite, but family and friends want me to be more creative.
    If you had to showcase a pizza in 2 minutes..what would you do?
    Last edited by telehort; 06-17-2009, 01:46 PM. Reason: spelling

Re: If you could make only one pizza

Congratulations. Hope this really boosts your business.

I have three I do a lot that are very classic: margherita, white sauce (olive oil, onions, cream with salt and pepper and thyme) and sauteed mushrooms (butter/olive oil salt pepper), and quattro formaggio (mascarpone, blue cheese, mozz, parme). Those are my absolute favorites.

On a wilder note, guanciale is awesome if you can get it. You only want a tiny amount - cut as thin as possible - on each pizza - less than an ounce. It is the most awesome pig fat on earth. Finish it with fennel pollen and some good sea salt. It is magical!

And for fun, how about figs (fresh or "stewed" dried figs to rehydrate), blue cheese, and walnuts. A fine dessert pizza. (just dabs of the three ingredients - keep it sparse so each bite is different.)

I look forward to others' answers.
    Jay

Comment

How about cooking a very basic marg for the show, but having 4 or 5 other pizzas cooked ahead of time for the camera to pan on?

Drake
      My Oven Thread:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Usually, you have to do a few swap outs to make the time limit. If the host keeps her/his mouth shut you could dazzle them by doing a start to finish Margherita. That would WOW them. Just make sure the oven is hot.
        Good Luck!

Comment

I think it'd be good to go with a classic pizza, because you'll get a bigger visual recognition factor that way. Margherita would be good.

Or what about doing a quatro stagioni? Its a classic and at the same time you get to show four different toppings in one go.
          "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

My favorite is prawns, feta and red onion, with a drizzle of lemon juice.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

margharita for the win. Simple. gets the point across. The king or I should say, Queen of pies!

Comment

I would also go with a traditional pizza as it is relatable. When are these going to be aired , what channel etc.. Would love to see your oven on tv.

Thanks

W

Comment

Yeah, put it up on youtube or something!
                  Shay - Centerville, MN

My Outdoor Kitchen/Pompeii WFO Build...

Comment

Well, the segment was about 3:45 long, they teased it a few times before hand showing the fire and such as they went to commercial.
                    Here is the link if you want to see it, I'm not the prettiest guy and also don't know when the hair on the back of my head thinned out like it did.

Good Day Sacramento

Comment

Thats was great - good work on the different pizza that was already done.

Comment

Congratulations!

Good job! And GREAT advertising for you!

Bravo!
                        Jay

Comment

thank you both very much, I was very nervous. I have another appearance on a different station tomorrow so I hope that goes as well.

Comment

Wow, that was great, thank you for posting the link!

I think it came accross really well, you looked as if you were enjoying yourself. And now I have a total craving for pizza...
                            "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Sweet! Well done. A little jealous over here.

Comment

Working...
                              X