What movie goes best with Pizza?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What movie goes best with Pizza?

I got a portable projector for my birthday!!!

The idea is to have pizza and a movie nights in the outdoor kitchen (that still is not quite finished yet....)

I'm building a 16ftx9ft screen and will position that at the end of the patio.

I'm going to have to have a pizza/movie night soon!!! I'll need a great movie for the premiere.

My biggest question - What movie goes best with Pizza????

All the best!

Christo
    My oven progress -
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
    sigpic

Re: What movie goes best with Pizza?

We like to show the classic films from 1939 era or Italian films with subtitles.

Comment

I like the Italian film idea. I think a pizza themed or influenced movie is what I want but the Italian with subtitles should be lots of fun.

thanks
      My oven progress -
      sigpic

Comment

I always like "Big Night", with Stanley Tucci and Tony Shalhoub. Not a pizza movie, but definitely a great food movie. It'll make you want to cook and eat all night long.
        Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
        My oven build thread

Comment

What age group are your guests?

If kids are included I would suggest "Ratatouille", if adults (audience predominantly ladies) then "Tortilla Soup" (a remake of "Eat Drink Man Woman" one set in S. Calif. the other in China both written/co-written by Ang Lee); or if you want some action and a twist at the end "Dinner Rush" w/ Danny Aiello and John Corbett. The guys will like this one and the ladies will accept it, if not like it.

All include some great meal scenes (both preparation and eating). If you have the time and the inclination, the best eating scene of all time is still considered by many the one in "Tom Jones" starring Albert Finney and Susannah York. But you may have more clean up the next morning :-)

I'm also into home theatre, 16 x 9 is quite a large screen even for a front projector. What projector did you get? What are coating the projecting surface with? What sort of sound system. Details!

Bests,
          Wiley

Comment

I would recommend Bottle Shock with pizza.

If you're looking for a film with pizza in it, an old Julia Roberts film, Mystic Pizza is good.
            Last edited by fxpose; 07-26-2009, 11:20 AM.
            George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

Another vote for "Big Night". I use the soundtrack for my pizza parties all the time...
              Drake
              My Oven Thread:
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Christo - could you please post some pics of your screen when you are finished?

I have a projector.. never thought of using it outside though!! great idea!!!

cheers,
                Mitch.
                -------------------------------------------
                My 2nd Build:
                Is here

Comment

I was going to suggest Mystic Pizza, too, but fxpose beat me to it. Therefore, I'll recommend Spaceballs, since it has Pizza the Hut in it.

Comment

Breaking Away is a classic cycling movie centered around an Italian-American family in Indiana. I've seen this film many times and goes well with pizza.
                    George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

where can you get an outdoor projctor ?? are they very expensive ?? and what are you building the screen out of ??

Sounds like a great IDEA

Mark

Comment

I went to Best Buy and bought an inexpensive LCD projector and hang up a bed sheet as a screen. We bought a blow up screen but it was so noisy all we heard was the fan motor keeping the screen inflated. So, we returned it to Walmart. I use LCD projectors at work for PowerPoints so I am familiar with the hook up. For sound I plug in my guitar amp. It is usually after the pizza part of the evening and my wife makes pop corn for our guests.

Comment

Does anyone remeber FATSO...watch this clip Ann Bancroft and Dom Deluise and yes they talk about pizza about 5:58 into the clip. VERY FUNNY!!

YouTube - Fatso - Opening Scene
                          Check out our blog for a glimpse into our hobbies of home brewing, soda, beer and wine, gardening and most of all cooking in our WFO!

http://thereddragoncafe.blogspot.com/

Comment

I have a 2500 lumen projector with good contrast.

Its a Toshiba tdp-xp2 it's working well for us. Cost about $525.

A buddy gave me a really heavy audio amp that was top of the line 20 years ago. I've been careful to pair up speakers to match impedance so I don't blow it up.

We've watched Pirates of the Caribbean ( no pizza there); Fools Gold (no pizza there); Hot Fuzz (no pizza there); Run Fatboy Run (shoulda been pizza there); The BirdCage (no pizza there); National Treasure (no pizza);

For those movies - we took a king size sheet (I bought 20 rejects for halloween decorations last year) and strung it up on the porch.

I've got a 16x9 ft piece of blackout curtain cloth (one piece) and I'm working up a frame for it out of bungee cords and electrical conduit.

Since we are down south - it gets dark pretty early so the projector works really well. We did a test against the garage door and it's gonna be so cool.

The ressurrected popcorn popper from the convenience store is working well - so between that and pizza we will be well covered.

I'll send pics when the big screen is in place.

Christo
                            Last edited by christo; 08-10-2009, 07:51 PM.
                            My oven progress -
                            sigpic

Comment

The State of California is having a "garage sale" this month, to try and make some money (honest!). They have 53 projectors available. See Items - Great California Garage Sale for details.

Comment

Working...
                              X