Okay, Someone has to ask...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Okay, Someone has to ask...

So, when is FB getting its own Facebook page?

Seriously, have you guys seen some of the WF oven stuff there? It's so sad. They need help!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Re: Okay, Someone has to ask...

FB on FB? the world might implode...
    -jamie

My oven build is finally complete!

Comment

Hey, as long as pizza is involved is it really a bad thing?
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

[/CENTER]

Comment

i've seen the my space site,,, it needs some help to say the least... Cmon james,, Can I volunteer to do it ?

Comment

Really? I'm nearing 50, and I'm not sure they would let me in. :-)

OK, more seriously -- I'll take a look. Any ideas on what I should be looking out for?

But I draw the line with Twitter. "Ate pizza today, FB." LOL

Let me know what you think! Old guy, new media.
          James
          Pizza Ovens
          Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

James,

My wife and I (in our mid 40's) joined FaceBook 2 weeks ago. My 18 year old son said "No Dad, you are too old!" so we joined .

In the past two weeks I've reconnected with several long lost friends from grade school, high school, college and previous careers. It's a pretty amazing networking tool and I'm still learning.

If FornoBravo would want a Facebook page, it would be a "group". You could create a FornoBravo group and determine who and how people could join. It's kind of like a structured, networking enabled webpage.

My advice would be to join Facebook and start exploring. Set up your personal profile, join some groups (like your high school and college's alumni groups) and start reconnecting with some old friends. After a few weeks, the light bulb will illuminate and you'll be able to see if Facebook could be useful for your company.
            Ken H. - Kentucky
            42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
            Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

I'm 52 and have a facebook page. My mother is pushing 80 and has one. Age is no longer an excuse. But don't let it take the place of the forum. This forum is way too important.

Joe
              Joe

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...oven-8181.html

Comment

How many of us have Facebook ? Can anyone here tell me how to link to this,

If anyone would like you can search for my name "Mark Haemmerle" and I would be happy to add you as a friend

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by jmhepworth View Post
                  But don't let it take the place of the forum. This forum is way too important.
                  I agree!! My vision of a FornoBravo Facebook page would be to highlight James' company, show off some Pompeii and modular domes, announce new product lines, spread the newsletter and direct traffic HERE.

When someone becomes a "Fan" of the FornoBravo FB page, that will encourage their friends to visit the FornoBrave FB page, thus driving traffic to FornoBravo.com. Does that make sense?
                  Ken H. - Kentucky
                  42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
                  Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

James, I've got your back...all of this "new" media is more than I have cared to explore. Call me old, behind the times, even anti-social (been called that more than once); I just don't care to make the time, so no Facebook, no MySpace, no Twitter. This forum is about the only media "vice" that I have, beyond surfing the web (sounds so ancient these days). I'm more hands on, always involved in projects or simply relaxing with pizza, beer, and a good cigar.

Now, from a business standpoint.....James, LISTEN to these guys, it makes sense to go after the masses...but there will be a few "farts" like me that raise a bit of a stink.

RT

Comment

It is a good way to network - and to promote. That's why so many businesses have their own pages.

[/CENTER]

Comment

Originally posted by ThisOldGarageNJ View Post
                        How many of us have Facebook ? Can anyone here tell me how to link to this,

If anyone would like you can search for my name "Mark Haemmerle" and I would be happy to add you as a friend

Mark
                        The link you posted earlier works. I'll go make a friend request.

Edit: Well, it did until you removed it. Good thing I'd tried it earlier - I would hate to be turned down as a friend by the dog! (Search your name and you'll see what I mean!)
                        Last edited by Archena; 09-07-2009, 06:21 PM.

[/CENTER]

Comment

I think you could definitely reach a lot more people with a Facebook group. You could post the videos there, link to the forum, show some completed ovens, make announcements about new product.....

You do probably want to sign up yourself first, and then do some exploring. I'm now in touch with a lot of old friends I'd lost touch with from high school! (They're all very impressed with my oven, btw. They'd probably sign up!)
                          Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Step 1. I joined! I really have to admit that this all makes so much sense. It feels as though I should have thought of this a long time ago.

I will take some time looking around and getting comfortable, and then I will set up a Forno Bravo group. We are always looking for now converts! :-)

I am signed in as James Bairey -- send me invites.

Thanks again guys (and girls).

James
                            Pizza Ovens
                            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I signed up for facebook a couple of months ago... its ok, but the problem is, I already spend so much computer time hanging out at Forno Bravo, I really don't need MORE things to keep up with on the internet!

How about flikr then? Couple of people were very interested in a picture of my oven I psted there, so of course I added a link.... maybe a group with pictures of finished FB pizza ovens could also be a good idea?
                              "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Working...
                              X