Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Okay, Someone has to ask...

Originally posted by Frances View Post
    I really don't need MORE things to keep up with on the internet!
    I agree Frances... James definitely shouldn't create another "message board" type setting on FB. He should use it as a tease to drive people here.

A good example is the "official" US Virgin Islands page:US Virgin Islands | Facebook

Many of the links they have are articles on the real USVI gov't website.

Another excellent example: The official Disney World page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Disneyworld/65077622844

Disney makes teaser posts on their Facebook page with links to their website.
    Ken H. - Kentucky
    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Um, James, did you join Facebook or LinkedIn? The Facebook web search finds you in LinkedIn but not Facebook.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
      [/CENTER]

Comment

OK, this thread has managed to make me feel REALLY OLD!!

At any rate, I too am on the other FB - I joined last year as a way to sort of keep tabs on the kids.

(FYI for parents: if you make them add you as a 'friend' - with FULL viewing privileges - then you can be sure they aren't posting the dumb stuff, which kids often do, that can come back to bite them later - they can still maintain privacy in wall posts & inbox messages. Mine are really good kids and old enough to know what not to do but I've still caught a few things I made them correct.)

I now really enjoy using it to connect with people other than my kids but find that a lot of friends my age just aren't on it. I think they don't realize what they could be doing with it or they'd be there. I agree with Archena and everyone else - it's a great networking tool, both socially and commercially.

Can't wait to see an FB presence on Facebook!

(PS - just started blogging too.)

Comment

I just joined the Forno Bravo Group on Facebook. James has it up and running.

Joe
          Joe

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...oven-8181.html

Comment

Hey Joe,

Yep. I'm trying the Go Slow approach to make sure I get it right, but we up and running.

I am excited to see how it goes. Once we get a few miles on the system and it's looking good, we will start to actively promote the site.

Let me know what you think!
            James
            Pizza Ovens
            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

OK, so I blew the go slow approach. You'll get lots of people joining now. Do I get a prize for being the first, after you, to join?

Joe
              Joe

Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

My thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/j...oven-8181.html

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
                Hey Joe,

Yep. I'm trying the Go Slow approach to make sure I get it right, but we up and running.

I am excited to see how it goes. Once we get a few miles on the system and it's looking good, we will start to actively promote the site.

Let me know what you think!
                James
                Looks good!
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

[/CENTER]

Comment

i just joined, I just went to facebook and did a search for Forno Bravo,,, And now I am a Fan.....
                  The link you posted earlier works. I'll go make a friend request.

Edit: Well, it did until you removed it. Good thing I'd tried it earlier - I would hate to be turned down as a friend by the dog! (Search your name and you'll see what I mean!)
                  Mark| Facebook

Not sure How I undid it the first time arch,, sorry

Mark Hope It woks

Comment

No prob - computer weirdness happens.

[/CENTER]

Comment

James, I've got your back...all of this "new" media is more than I have cared to explore. Call me old, behind the times, even anti-social (been called that more than once); I just don't care to make the time, so no Facebook, no MySpace, no Twitter. This forum is about the only media "vice" that I have, beyond surfing the web (sounds so ancient these days). I'm more hands on, always involved in projects or simply relaxing with pizza, beer, and a good cigar.

Comment

Bumpity bump....

A girl needs a hobby...

Okay, okay, serious question - why isn't FB included in Share?

Pathetic question: And why did you unfriend me?!?!?! :cry:
                        Last edited by Archena; 07-09-2012, 04:29 PM.

[/CENTER]

Comment

Wow - you blew the dust off of this thread. Sorry, I have no answer...
                          Check out my pictures here:
                          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Surely a FB page would be a great way to share photos of builds?
                            Cooking, Tasting, Eating delicious traditional Pizza. The hungry house addict.

Comment

Working...
                            X