Free Firewood in Tampa, Clearwater FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Firewood in Tampa, Clearwater FL

I have found what seens to be an endless supply of FREE KILN DRIED LUMBER.
    All usable sizes of 1X, 2X cuttoffs as well as huge bundles of 1 /2" 1 x1, 2x2 stips in 16' lengths. 50% poplar, 25 % maple, and 25% mix of oak, cherry, walnut, mahogany.
    Send me a private message for the location (it is in Clearwater FL)

RT

Re: Free Firewood in Tampa, Clearwater FL

Count me as Jealous!!!
    My Oven Thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

My problem is where to put it.....I've already made 2 trips and brought back the equivelent of 1/2 cord each time. Today I'm headed to Lowes to get the chain link posts to build the storage rack shown on another post.

I don't know how long the lumber will be available. Seems a couple of adventurous guys struck a deal with all of the millwork and cabinet shops in the area and started hoarding all of the cut offs. There plan was to create glued and pressed hardwood fireplace logs using a non volotile soy based glue. They never got the project off the ground and left the property owner with a parking lot full of this lumber.
      I spoke with the property owner yesterday, he is commited (to a point) in finding a use for the wood, understanding it has value to the right people. Also, his removal cost are going to be pretty high, I'm guessing at least 12-15 of the large 30 cubic yard dumpsters would be packed full.

RT

Comment

The moral of the story: Don't start accumulating materials before your business is in the prototype + business plan stage.

Fire logs in Florida? Maybe coals to Newcastle next
        My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Yeah, I got a chuckle out of him telling me there plan was to produce logs here. Although there quite a few homes with fireplaces and even more with backyard chimineas, they are only used a few evenings a year...no volume sales of wood here. Guess they had a grand nationwide distribution plan.

RT

Comment

hello my name is Tim and I live in South Tampa. Is that wood still available?

Comment

Working...
            X