Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $$$added value$$$

Hi All,
    I have a curiosity question, I know a built in pool doenst add much resale value to a home, But am curious to know if any actual value is added to a home having an outdoor WFO ? Are there any real estate people out there in the forum that have encountered this ? Or anyone else who would care to comment ??

Thanks Mark

Re: $$$added value$$$

When my daughter sold her home with an oven I had built her the agent looked at it and said "Well that adds another $5000 on to the house" It cost me way less than that to build it and I'm sure it creates a selling point, but who can really quantify it accurately. Of course I ended up building her another (better) oven at her new home.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

that sounds like a plus to me !!

Comment

Too bad about the northern climate pools. Here in FL pools do add value and have actually become 'expected", even to first time home buyers with a very limited budget.

As for a WFO, we have had 1 or 2 members who have sold there homes - one in particular had a buyer that insisted that the oven be removed. Not sure of the other outcome. I think this is where your real estate agent needs to shine.....you need an agent who is going to use the WFO as a selling point, not just the after thought "Oh, thats the pizza oven". It has been suggested that the best approach is for you and your real estate agent to host a pizza party for real estate agents only, a day or two before your house goes on the MLS.
        Now, is this going to actually add value? I don't know, but I think this type of approach would better your chances.

RT

Comment

I agree with RT that it can go either way. There is, however, one big diff between a pool and a WFO. There are lots of pools and a lot of people who both want and don't want one. And for those who want one, there are lots to choose from so no reason to add many $$. WFOs remain uncommon so a house with a WFO is far more unique and IF a buyer wants one will not have a lot of alternatives. Thus a better chance of being a PLUS IMO.

Jay

Comment

Working...
          X