How Did You Find FB?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Did You Find FB?

Every good website needs a poll! Seriously!

So, how did you get here?

1) Specific web search on WFO's
    2) Random web search
    3) Told about it by a friend
    4) Found it on Facebook
    5) Found a link on another site (besides Facebook)
    6) Live down the street from James*
    7) Other (Please specify) ____________

If I feel like it, since the site doesn't have a poll option, I'll do the compilation in a few days. If I get really energetic I will redo it on SurveyMonkey. It's sinus season so the latter isn't likely until spring.

*My personal belief is that every poll needs at least one oddball option
    Specific web search on WFO's
    66.67%
    Random web search
    11.11%
    Told about it by a friend
    0.00%
    Found it on Facebook
    0.00%
    Found a link on another site (besides Facebook)
    14.81%
    Live down the street from James*
    0.00%
    Other (Please specify in a post)
    7.41%
    Last edited by Archena; 11-02-2009, 05:42 PM.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
    [/CENTER]

Re: How Did You Find FB?

Um, okay, so I'll redo it later when I have time to add the danged poll properly...

Forgot it was only an option once posted...
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

[/CENTER]

Comment

Well, I started doing pizzas on my Weber bbq kettle and thought to myself there's gotta be a better way to make pizzas and play with fire at the same time which eventually led me to this site through several other pizza making sites. WFO's were completely new to me several months ago and now I'm in the planning stages of building one in my new patio.
      Without this site I probably would have had absolutely no interest in WFO's....

George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

I had to answer other because it was so long ago I can't remember! Probably a web search but????
        Jay

Comment

I'm positively certain I found FB twice, independently. I was very casually researching home brick ovens over the past year, meaning that on perhaps two occasions I spent half an hour looking around a bit, then moved on with my life.

Then, in August, there was a posting on Gizmodo of a Pompeii oven with a link to FB. I specifically remember that it looked familiar when I surfed on over, and it was this particular visit which got me really thinking hard. I downloaded the Pompeii plans the same day and quickly ramped up to a full-blown project within a week.

So, I chose your "link on another site" option b/c it was the Gizmodo article in August that jump-started everything, but I could also have chosen the "WFO search" option if one wanted to count my earlier and unproductive (but seed-planting) explorations.

WFO Webpage: http://keithwiley.com/brickPizzaOven.shtml
          Thread: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f21/...ttle-7878.html

Comment

The whole process lasted about 2 minutes for me. I did a GOOGLE search on wood fired brick ovens and several individual FB threads popped up. Went to the FB site and snooped around for a few minutes and realized this is EXACTLY the place I needed to be if I wanted to build my own oven. I joined right away and didn't "go shopping" anywhere else until I had read so much on this forum my eyes were bleeding, then it was just to see what else may be out there (at the time 3 yrs ago - not much).

RT

Comment

I have a friend that had an oven installed. I started looking to purchase one when I saw I could build an Allen Scott oven from scratch. That caught my eye because I love building things. Then I ran across the FB web site and realized that the Pompeii would be a better build (for my needs). The rest is history - now thats it's built, I answer polls.

Les...
              Check out my pictures here:
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Internet search for WFOs.

Comment

The Gizmodo article was very cool.
                  James
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I was a fairly early adapter: I joined the forum a few months after James moved it from Yahoo groups in '05. At that time most of the WFO info on the 'net was about barrel vault ovens, and I soon learned that James had built one (actually two) and was frustrated with the results, and what you see here was an outgrowth of that.

At that time, you could read everything on the forum, including the Yahoo archives, in an afternoon. It must be a little intimidating for new people now.

I found it through Google: they find almost everything, including individual posting on FB forum.
                    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

I found FB through a link on lifehacker through gizmodo. I was soon hooked on finding more information. Google started another frenzy feed of information. I settled on FB as THE source for WFO's. UFO's are still alluding me
                      I would have a shot at the answer, if I had the appropriate question.

Comment

Done much research on the web before attempting to build my own Pompeii style pizza oven, without plans. there were only 2 websites that I could find to relate to.....Forno Bravo and " the ozzie one". I did'nt realise until today that Forno Bravo had a forum site,......I do now, and here I am........Hello!!

Regards Terry (C.F)
                        Honi soit qui mal y pense

My 2nd Pompeii build.....

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...eii-build.html

Comment

Got to talking with a neighbor about a drinking beer and making bread all summer. That lead me to research free plans for a wood burning oven. After scanning websites and cross referencing oven types I decided the Forno Bravo plans were by far the best...and free
                          My Build Thread

Comment

Hi Canny!

[/CENTER]

Comment

Hi Canny! Glad to have you with us! I came through google also after other barrel vaulted sites and books and after having built a BV oven. Good poll BTW
                              Best
                              Dutch
                              "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
                              "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Working...
                              X