• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hard to believe

That I was cooking pizzas yesterday afternoon. And it's still snowing
    Check out my pictures here:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Re: Hard to believe

Wow! The accumulation on the top of the dome is certain proof your oven is well insulated! We had a light dusting of snow as well, about 1/2 inch. Looks like winter has truly arrived:-)

Bests,
    Wiley

Comment

Hey Les!

Look on the bright side. Your grill can double as a refrigerator so you don't need to worry about your cheese melting in the sun!

Wow! That is a lot of snow. I didn't think Carson City could get snow like that!

Stay warm!
      Jay

Comment

Originally posted by texassourdough View Post

Wow! That is a lot of snow. I didn't think Carson City could get snow like that!

Jay
        Yea, we get slammed once in a while. The problem now is that our high tomorrow is 26 deg and the low will be 2 deg tonight - With temps like that the crap is not going away for awhile.
        Check out my pictures here:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Bright side: You can keep the beer cold.
          Problem is who wants a cold beer when it's 11 outside?
          Nature can be cruel.

dusty

Comment

Les,
            Same storm as the one that hit you, but we only for about 4 inches. But it is the most we have had here. It is also 24 out now, the coldest I've recorded the 5 years we have lived here. My oven building is on hold.

Tom
            Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

Comment

Snow is evil.
              "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
              [/CENTER]

Comment

Same storm through our little town..

Our town is hosting the Cyclocross National race this weekend. The article in the paper says the folks that enter these races enjoy extreme weather... Picked the right spot for the race! The temps might make it up to freezing by the weekend.

The temp - o - meter on the back wall of the house reads some where near -10 F now... Was beautiful sunny all day today.. Love it when it is cold and clear! A little snow to get the contrast - white - blue sky - green trees.. very pretty..

Now, Archena... some of us do enjoy a good snow storm, and the opportunities it can create. I have a beaver hat from Alaska, and you just can't wear that hat on any old day, it takes some cool weather to keep that hat comfortable - it can get way to hot real easy! And have you tried using the snow shoes on a dry trail?

Best to all..

JED

Comment

I think the beaver would agree with me.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
                  [/CENTER]

Comment

Working...
                  X