More Bread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Bread

CJ, I thought you'd get a kick out of these photos of bread stacked on the dashboard and drivers seat of the bread truck....old world/new world.''

and another huge loaf in a cart...
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: More Bread

XJ,

Looks a lot like my old beater on a delivery run. Those huge loaves are very interesting. Do you know anything about the ingredients or total weight of those things? I'd like to try making one sometime.

Are you still thinking about Ontario in May?

CJ
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

CJ, I've got Ontario on the calendar but the stars say it's in opposition to the birth of twin grandchildren. I've still got my fingers crossed and hope to do a paella! Will have to be a last minute commitment at this point but still hoping.

I'd call those big loaves a medium density bread. White to a whole wheat mix but great texture.

Do you remember the Dimpelmeyer Rye breads? Fine texture but great flavor for toasts.....we used to get them in Toronto. I've seen large loaves like that in a store in Michigan....they just sell you slices off the big loaf...just like the old D rye.
      sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

XJ,

That particular bread is still available in Toronto; makes the bestest toast for me, too.

Hope all goes well with the twins, Grandpa . Last minute notice is fine with me. Just come if you can.

Maybe I'll just make a giant loaf for the 19th: 50 per cent bread flour, 50 per cent organic whole wheat. Might be fun.

Very fine dressed stonework on that porch/balcony. Using a tie-stone is a great idea. Is it limestone?

Cheers,
        CJ
        "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Working...
        X