Zingermans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zingermans

If you get to Michigan near Ann Arbor (west of DTW) do try and find Zingermans for a neat place with lot's of neat stuff to eat and otherwise !

They do mail order so I'm sure you'll find them online too!
    Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Re: Zingermans

One of my favorite places on earth. I could live on their Georgia Reuben sandwich, and I had the best soft pretzel of my life there (the sign said "Real lard! Real Lye!" with pride and I had to try it). Also the best hamentaschen I've ever tasted. Typically baked goods, even from really world-class bakers, don't beat my home versions, but Zingermans basically always does.

If you're considering mail order, you might be shocked at the prices. But this is the only place I know of where it's actually worth it. Zingerman's | Food by Mail | Gifts & Sundries
    Nikki

Comment

I agree. This can be a dangerous place. It's turned me into an olive oil junky. Ligurian oil for pesto. Tuscan oil for Bruschetta, etc. Dangerous to the budget. Great sandwiches, too, if the price tags don't scare you off!
      Mike - Saginaw, MI

Picasa Web Album
      My oven build thread

Comment

Some of my husband's coworkers did some work for U. Mich and spent a few days in Ann Arbor. Drew gave them all sorts of great recommendations (he went to school there). They didn't go to a single one. They ate at the Bennigans at the mall. They could have eaten at Zingerman's, and they ate at Bennigans. And they were on expense account. I wept.
        Nikki

Comment

We sent a nice Zingermans gift basket to the inlaws this year...it went over well!
          sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

My wife's in store bakery gets product from Zingermans and I get a lot of the outdated stuff and its gooood. Try the brownies. And I love their beakfast hash. Check out their web site they have lots of baking classes and are also offering a brick oven building class this spring but like there product the cost is more than I wish to spend.

Comment

Working...
            X