Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the average concrete slab square foot cost in your state?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the average concrete slab square foot cost in your state?

I just got quoted a cost of $5.50 and $6.00 a square foot for a house slab, nothing fancy, just footings and a rectangle shaped slab. I am in North Louisiana, are those quotes in the ballpark or am I being taken for a ride?

Re: What is the average concrete slab square foot cost in your state?

Sounds cheap to me. Was it based on plans and specifications or just napkin drawings?

Comment

Originally posted by Tscarborough View Post
      Sounds cheap to me. Was it based on plans and specifications or just napkin drawings?
      I have architect signed blueprints and they both met me at the site so they know what they're getting into.

Comment

Prices differ by market, but that sounds dirt cheap to me for anywhere. I would get another price at least, and maybe not go with the cheapest if there is a big difference.

Comment

Let me ask you this: Did he say "this is what the price works out to be per square foot", or did he say, "I can generally do this type of slab for $5.50-6.00 per SqFt"?

Comment

Also, do you have structual drawings for the foundation or just architectural.

Comment

They gave me a set price and I divided by the square footage of the slab.
              They didn't itemize it. I am still waiting on a third price to come in to see how close they all are.

Comment

The blueprints have a detail of the foundations and a slab cut away.

Comment

OK, the price is the price, but it still sounds cheap. Concrete and rebar don't vary that much, so it has to be labor.

Comment

Going by this:

NAHB: Breaking Down House Price and Construction Costs

The foundation and associated costs should be around 7% of the total estimated cost of construction. How does that compare?

Comment

I guess going by that the quote isn't too shabby. Also someone just pointed out that the foundation is included in the pour, a monolithic slab/foundation so this is more expensive because of the amount of concrete.
                      Thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
                      X