Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Roofs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Les
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Originally posted by NCMan View Post
    That's nice to know. Are photos of his roof still here on the Forum?
    A lot of the old links / threads are broken. I'll see if I can find them (one) and post it.

    Leave a comment:


  • NCMan
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Originally posted by Gulf View Post
    I'm not sure what is happening with the pic size. You might want to check on your end to what size they are before loading. Usually the way that you are uploading your pics is done straight form your computer to the forum. I like using an "outside the forum photo site". Actually, I use two of them. The first is Picasa. This site is great for organizing and editing all our family photos. For the oven, it is the album that you would see if you clicked on My Picasa Web Album in my signature, below. I usually include more pics in this link than I post to the FB forum. For some reason, Photobucket is the easiest site for me to post pics. When I want to post a pic to my page, I just upload it to Photobucket, select the direct link option from Photobucket, then click the insert photo link from FB and it is resized to fit the page.

    I hope this did not confuse you as much as it did me .

    Keep trying, you will get it, or someone else will show you an easier way .
    Thanks, Gulf. I'll give it a try.

    Leave a comment:


  • NCMan
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Originally posted by Les View Post
    Interesting, one of the very first builders on this forum, Paul Ages, built a garden over his oven. Pretty cool.
    That's nice to know. Are photos of his roof still here on the Forum?

    Leave a comment:


  • NCMan
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Originally posted by stonecutter View Post
    Looks cool. What do you use for a membrane?

    Are you considering that for your oven? Might be nice to pick fresh basil from your roof!
    Hi Matt. Since I do quite a bit of tile work, I have plenty of Kerdi (Schluter product) and plan to thinset that over the decking, just like a shower. Not sure if I will do this on my WFO. I plan to that in metal, to match a shed I built last year. This particular green roof project is for a sign, along w/the stone columns I built as bases.

    Leave a comment:


  • Gulf
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Originally posted by NCMan View Post
    Testing again....trying to figure out a way to make the photos larger for viewing.
    I'm not sure what is happening with the pic size. You might want to check on your end to what size they are before loading. Usually the way that you are uploading your pics is done straight form your computer to the forum. I like using an "outside the forum photo site". Actually, I use two of them. The first is Picasa. This site is great for organizing and editing all our family photos. For the oven, it is the album that you would see if you clicked on My Picasa Web Album in my signature, below. I usually include more pics in this link than I post to the FB forum. For some reason, Photobucket is the easiest site for me to post pics. When I want to post a pic to my page, I just upload it to Photobucket, select the direct link option from Photobucket, then paiste it the insert photo link from FB and it is resized to fit the page.

    I hope this did not confuse you as much as it did me .

    Keep trying, you will get it, or someone else will show you an easier way .
    Last edited by Gulf; 01-15-2014, 06:21 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Les
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Originally posted by NCMan View Post
    Hi all. I have been working on a small green roof project for myself and am just practicing posting some pics I took. If anyone is interested in the subject, fire away. As I said, I am a relative newbie and am just trying this stuff out. Thanks, Carl
    Interesting, one of the very first builders on this forum, Paul Ages, built a garden over his oven. Pretty cool.

    Leave a comment:


  • stonecutter
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Looks cool. What do you use for a membrane?

    Are you considering that for your oven? Might be nice to pick fresh basil from your roof!

    Leave a comment:


  • NCMan
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Testing again....trying to figure out a way to make the photos larger for viewing.

    Leave a comment:


  • NCMan
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    I see the pictures went through. Does anyone know why they are small when they are viewed? Is there a way to have them show bigger? Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • NCMan
    started a topic Green Roofs

    Green Roofs

    Hi all. I have been working on a small green roof project for myself and am just practicing posting some pics I took. If anyone is interested in the subject, fire away. As I said, I am a relative newbie and am just trying this stuff out. Thanks, Carl
Working...
X