Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Roofs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • adamsakins
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Green roof, I am not sure of it. Is it healthy to construct? My structural engineer suggested to me try for roof with grass plates that will be more beautiful in looking and rest of the roof can be easily constructed of wood or common ailments.

    Leave a comment:


  • NCMan
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    We got our plants in over the past weekend. Here are a couple of pics. Maybe now people can figure out what it is, since it now has some plants in it. It should fill in nicely over the summer. It will probably be next summer until it's completely filled in, since we mainly used plugs.
    Last edited by NCMan; 04-15-2014, 06:04 PM. Reason: Typo

    Leave a comment:


  • NCMan
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    We've ordered our plants and should have them soon. We have some, but needed more. Just need some warmer weather so we can get it started. I'll post photos when we do get some plants in. It's so funny watching people drive by, wondering what the heck is that thing? They just can't figure out what is being built. I'm about ready to make a sign: "Green Roof Project". Then they will be relieved and have their curiosity satisfied. Maybe.

    Leave a comment:


  • NCMan
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Had some time and took some pictures of the project so far.

    Leave a comment:


  • NCMan
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Picked up the growing medium yesterday. Whew! $20 for a 40 lb. bag. Just for my small job, I bought 12. Hope that's enough. Raining here today, so I will probably wait a day or so to place the medium, then it's time for some planting. Will post photos when I get some. We have some plants, but need to order more off the web and that may take a month or so until they are ready to ship. I'm sure it'll be summer before it all gets filled in and looking nice. In the meantime, I need to get to work on my WFO slab.

    Leave a comment:


  • NCMan
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Finally got some warmer weather today and installed the waterproof membrane. Plan to pick up the growing medium this week and hopefully soon, I can get some planting done. Then it's on to resuming work on my WFO slab. I have been giving some serious thought to doing a green roof on my WFO.

    Leave a comment:


  • NCMan
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Waiting for some warm weather so I can get back to that green roof project (as well as my WFO). I built the roof and cedar edging a few weeks back, got two coats of Timber Oil on the cedar, but I need a few warm days so I can get the waterproof membrane thinsetted down and then get my planting medium in. Not alot of work to go, just need some warmer weather. I have it all covered up w/poly right now to keep the plywood roof deck dry until the membrane goes down. I'll post photos when I do more.

    Leave a comment:


  • NCMan
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Originally posted by Greenman View Post
    Looks like you have cracked the nut!
    Sure did. I was using my tablet camera and it just wasn't working right, so I went back to my digital camera and it worked fine w/the picture sizing.

    Leave a comment:


  • Greenman
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Looks like you have cracked the nut!

    Leave a comment:


  • NCMan
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Click image for larger version

Name:	015 (1).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	766.1 KB
ID:	303314Hmmm....try again.

    Leave a comment:


  • NCMan
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Still playing w/my pictures, trying to resize them.

    Leave a comment:


  • NCMan
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Still experimenting w/my photos.....
    Last edited by NCMan; 08-12-2014, 05:29 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • NCMan
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Les....thanks for the info. I did manage to see a bit of the green build, plus one other. I guess it would be fun to make a small green roof area on my WFO for herbs, etc. I'll have to kick that around my brain for a bit. Thanks again for the info. Carl

    Leave a comment:


  • NCMan
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Still practicing w/my photos.
    Last edited by NCMan; 08-12-2014, 05:30 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Les
    replied
    Re: Green Roofs

    Originally posted by NCMan View Post
    That's nice to know. Are photos of his roof still here on the Forum?
    This is as close as I can get. The gallery appears to still have issues. Back in the day we were posting most of our photo progress in the gallery. There is a pic in this thread.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X