Large holes at top of inside dome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large holes at top of inside dome

I am currently having a Casa2G100 being built by a contractor. What I noticed is large holes/missing chunks at the point where the pieces meet the top of the dome. I am not sure if this is an issue that needs to be repaired/replaced or nothing to be concerned about since it is insulated on the outside. I have seen other pictures on these forums and they are not in this condition. I am not sure if it was damaged already or they damaged it when they installed it. It also seems like the pieces themselves are not aligned.

What did your contractor say when you discussed it with them? Have you contacted Forno Bravo?

Comment

I contacted Forno Bravo and they did not think it would be an issue but I have not cured the oven yet. If I notice heat loss I will contact them. I have not discussed this with the contractor yet.

Comment

Originally posted by gjaworski View Post
        What I noticed is large holes/missing chunks at the point where the pieces meet the top of the dome.
        Looking at the photo, it doesn't look like "large holes" Looks like two small chips in the casting most likely happen during transport. I suspect it's just the corner and doesn't go the full thickness so I would agree with Forno Bravo. It's just cosmetic in an area that is usually not visible.

It also seems like the pieces themselves are not aligned.
        I really can't see any miss-alignment in your photos. It is a cast WFO which are somewhat rustic after all. Check you floor bricks don't have any lipping as that will be quite annoying. You contractor should be able to fix that easily if they are.

Enjoy your new oven.

Comment

Working...
        X