Quick project "in between" projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick project "in between" projects

Took some time off from the outdoor Kitchen build and decided to re-do the floor in what will be the Baby's room. My wife and I wanted to rip out the carpet and refinish the hardwood underneath. The hardwood goes throughout the main living areas of the house, and the pattern is the same. Problem is my wife wanted to stain it a darker color, and I did not know how the transition would look as you opened the door. Well I already refinished the rest of the floors in the house, but the bedrooms were in the worst shape..so we carpeted them. ( I know I know..should've done it then) So I said hell with it and decided to re-do them with the left over wood from our fence we built last summer. We got it from a local sawmill and I had a decent amount left, mostly oak and poplar. I planed it all down and edged it and did a variable width pattern. I'll take some more pics when it's getting there.
    David and Cynthia Manchester

Re: Quick project "in between" projects

funny how those inbetween projects take a toll on oven/patio progress.

Are you machining tongue and grooves on the boards or flat nailing it down?

I like the variable widths it looks more comfortable and less formal to me.

Christo
    My oven progress -
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
    sigpic

Comment

Re: Quick project "in between" projects

i just found a sawmill not too far from my home. boy it kicks the crap out of going to home depot. the wood is incredible. I am planning on re doing my deck with some nice oak or maple this summer..
      Mark

Comment

Working...
      X