Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ***Fire Pit***

Hello All,

I know its early to start thinking about winter, But I want to plan my fire pit for close to the oven or maybe connected by a bench.. Does anyone have suggestions ? Is there any special needs for a fire pit, ie:heatstop, fire brick, etc,

Once again thanks for all your help in advance, this website and its people has more knowledge on WFO's than all the others combined.
    Last edited by ThisOldGarageNJ; 08-16-2010, 05:49 PM.

Re: ***Fire Pit***

When we had actual masons build a firepit for us at our old house, they lined the pit with firebricks, just in case we had a really big, hot fire. In investigating other landscapers, however, I don't think I've seen any others with a firebrick lining. Still, can't hurt. When I built one in the backyard as part of my oven project, I lined with firebrick.
    Nikki

Comment

here are some pictures I took of the pros doing their work:

Nikki

Comment

Nikki

Comment

One thing we learned, is if you plan to have pavers near the firepit or walls, you really have to be more precise than they were about pouring the foundation. The foundation extended several inches past the edges of the firepit and bench, so the paver installers couldn't get right next to the hardscape elements. That's why you see a raised extra row of pavers lining everything. It was alright, but an imperfect solution, as my many stubbed toes can attest to.
          Nikki

Comment

it looks great,,, hope you dont mind that i steal some of your idea's

Comment

Originally posted by ThisOldGarageNJ View Post
              it looks great,,, hope you dont mind that i steal some of your idea's
              Not one bit--that's why I posted them!
              Nikki

Comment

Working...
              X