Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Lame Challenge

Rube Goldberg has nothing on us!

The challenge: Create a lame (a bread docking blade with handle) using odd or unusual materials.

This not a contest, but a way of sparking creativity and problem solving and also, maybe, either a way to get a great lame for your use, or a complete waste of time....You be the judge!

Try to use a securly attached double edged blade since they are the sharpest. It should have a handle. It should should cause people to smile, or make them say to themselves "I can do that."

I will put up the first image that I posted on "what I cooked last night."

Are you game for this? Or what.

Re: The Great Lame Challenge

I think it is a lame challenge.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Lets try this again.

This one is for "Brickie In OZ"

I believe an object that maybe unfamiliar to him, but he can search the internet for something that looks like this handle.

Comment

I liked the bone but that one is cute also. Perhaps an electric tooth brush could help in the scoring. They even have ones that sing songs as you use them.

Comment

This one is for "Laurentius" yet another use for chopsticks - kind of like japanese duck tape.

Comment

hehheheheheh. Smart Navy Guy, you are crusing for a brusing, do you really want Al and I to double team you. Now you being a Navy guy and all, you must construct one fitted to that infamous Navy Barrel, I hear so much talk about. As for a Japanese styled lame, a trashy tie, wouldn't do, it need to be more wabi-sabi, maybe shibari?

Comment

I was in the Navy so I know how Navyintel works. So this ones for you Navyintel.

Funny thing is it went in real easy but took pliers to get out...think I grabbed bone.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
                I was in the Navy so I know how Navyintel works. So this ones for you Navyintel.

Funny thing is it went in real easy but took pliers to get out...think I grabbed bone.
                Ouch!

By the way - Imagery Analyst- good job

Comment

I want to see one on the end of a rifle Homer style, I dont have one so Ill have to wait for some one else to do it.
                  The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
                    I want to see one on the end of a rifle Homer style, I dont have one so Ill have to wait for some one else to do it.
                    Funniest Simpson's episode is Season 9 Episode 19: "Simpson Tide" Homer joins the Naval Reserve. You can find snippets on Youtube.

Try your hand at a lame - try not to have an unfortunate outcome like the previous submission.

Comment

This one is more practical than funny. I used a #4 copper wire and hammered it into shape. That is I flattened one end to match the cutouts on the razor.

This lame is very light and responsive, ithas a slight curve to it that can be adjusted by bending the razor end of the wire.

Note that wire will harden as you bend it, so make your changes one time. The handle can be hardened by lightly tapping it with a hammer all around the wire. It will then be very rigid.

Comment

I like that one. Mine is made of wood and is a bit clumsy. Come to think of it I have #4 in the barn.

Thanks for that one.
                        Faith

Comment

Working...
                        X