Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golf jokes and anecdotes!

For any golfers out there!
    If you are afraid your second shot on a hole might reach the green and there are other players there you have two other options...1. Shank your 7 iron lay up shot or ...2 Wait for the green to clear and top your 3 wood halfway there!

Dutch
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Re: Golf jokes and anecdotes!

I hit both of those shots today! Of course, neither made the green! On the 18th, I blocked my drive a bit and ended up behind a tree. In retrospect, I should have pitched back out to the fairway, but I'm only 160 out, bunker guarding my access to the hole, another tree to the right a hundred yards up....

Knockdown shot astray into the tree to the right, kicked backwards of course! Never sideways! Still completely blocked and only 55 out, tried a half swing 56 degree wedge - eaten by the tree and rejected to the other side. Yes - I ended up hitting that friggin' tree three times before ruining the round. That's much better than a shanked lay up or a topped 3 metal. Thanks Dutch, I'd almost forgotten!
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Re: Golf jokes and anecdotes!

George
      Brought yet another into this crazy head of mine...You can hit a 2 acre fairway with your ball only 10% of the time but can hit a 2 inch branch 90% of the time...
      Sorry to hear about the 18th...3 under par going in to it I hope!
      Best
      Dutch
      "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
      "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Working...
      X