Kalgoorlie diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kalgoorlie diary

had to sanitise this a bit, hope I didn't miss any rude words.
    I thought our S.A. members might appreciate this at the moment...

-------------------------------
    August 31 - Just got transferred with work from Turangi New Zealand to our new home in Kalgoorlie , Western Australia . Now this is a town that knows how to live! Beautiful, sunny days and warm, balmy evenings. I watched the sunset from a deckchair by the pool yesterday. It was beautiful. I've finally found my new home. I love it here.

September 13 - Really heating up now. It got to 31 today. No problem though. Living in air-conditioned home, driving air-conditioned car. What a pleasure to see the sun every day like this. I'm turning into a sun-worshipper.

September 30th - Had the back yard landscaped with tropical plants today. Lots of palms and rocks. No more mowing lawns for me. Another scorcher today, but I love it here.

October 10th - The temperature hasn't been below 35 all week. How do people get used to this kind of heat? At least today it's windy though. Keeps the flies off a bit. Acclimatizing is taking longer than I expected.

October 15th - Fell asleep by the pool yesterday. Got third degree burns over 60% of my body. Missed three days of work. What a dumb thing to do! Got to respect the ol' sun in a climate like this.

October 20th - Didn't notice Kitty (our cat) sneaking into the car before I left for work this morning. By the time I got back to the car after work, Kitty had died and swollen up to the size of a shopping bag and stuck to the upholstery. The car now smells like Whiskettes and cat sh!t. I've earned my lesson though: no more pets in this heat.

October 25 - This wind is a bastard. It feels like a giant friggin' blow dryer. And it's hot as hell! The home air conditioner is on the blink and the repair man charged $200 just to drive over and tell me he needs to order parts from friggin' Perth ...

October 30th - The temperature's up around 40 and the parts still haven't arrived for the friggin' aircon. Been sleeping outside by the pool for three nights now. Bloody $600,000 house and we can't even go inside. Why the hell did I ever come here?

November 4 - Finally got the ol' aircon fixed. It cost $1,500 and gets the temperature down to around 25 degrees, but the humidity makes it feel about 30. Stupid repairman.

November 8 - If one more smart arse says 'Hot enough for you today?' I'm going to friggin' throttle him. Friggin' heat! By the time I get to work, the car's radiator is boiling over, my clothes are soaking friggin' wet and I smell like baked cat!

November 9 Tried to run some errands after work, wore shorts, and sat on the black leather upholstery in the ol' car. I thought my friggin' arse was on fire. I lost two layers of flesh, all the hair on the backs of my legs and my friggin' arse. Now the car smells like burnt hair, fried arse and baked cat!

November 10 - Weather report! It might as well be a friggin' recording. Hot and sunny. Hot and sunny, Hot and friggin' sunny! It's been too hot to do anything for two friggin' months and the weatherman says it might really warm up next week.

November 15 - Doesn't it ever rain in this damn friggin' place? Water restrictions will be next, so my $5,000 worth of palms might just dry up and blow into the friggin' pool. The only things that thrive in this hell-hole are the friggin' flies. You don't dare open your mouth for fear of swallowing half a dozen of the fuckers!

November 20th - Welcome to HELL! It got to 45 friggin' degrees today. Now the air conditioner's gone in my car. The repair man came to fix it and said, 'Hot enough for you today?' I had to spend the $2,500 mortgage payment to bail me out of jail for assaulting the stupid fucker. Friggin' Kalgoorlie ! What kind of sick, demented friggin' idiot would want to live here!

December 1 - WHAT!!!! The first day of Summer!!!! You are friggin' kidding!
    Last edited by Mitchamus; 02-10-2009, 04:05 PM.
    -------------------------------------------
    My 2nd Build:
    Is here

Re: Kalgoorlie diary

Funny, but sad in light of recent events Down Under. Hope there's a break in the heat/fires soon.
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Yae, Mitchamus,
      the heat over here gets to you eventually. We are a little cooler at the present but looking to get 'hot again within the week.

Rasys
      If you don't succeed the first time, try again and again until you get it right!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchamus View Post
        <snip> Now the car smells like burnt hair, fried arse and baked cat! <snip>
        ROTFLMAO

J W

Comment

Originally posted by gjbingham View Post
          Funny, but sad in light of recent events Down Under. Hope there's a break in the heat/fires soon.
          It's definitely been horrific what's happened.
          The worst bushfire disaster we have had, whole towns and whole families wiped off the map.

The Australian people are a resilient lot, the whole country will see to it that the victims of this tragedy will not be forgotten - that's just our nature... a mate in need etc.
          -------------------------------------------
          My 2nd Build:
          Is here

Comment

I understand completely. Never met an Aussie I didn't like - though I've only met 20 or so. The jury is still out on Jeff!
            GJBingham
            -----------------------------------
            Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Great humor, but the best part was adjusting for my part of the world!
              November it's cold and August...112 degrees F.

I completely understand!

Poor cat!
              My thread:
              http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
              My costs:
              http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
              My pics:
              http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchamus View Post

The Australian people are a resilient lot, the whole country will see to it that the victims of this tragedy will not be forgotten - that's just our nature... a mate in need etc.
                I picked up this sign when I was helping out at the Whittlesea Relief Centre, it was in the bin so I had to rescue it..
                The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Working...
                X