Before and after pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before and after pics

Most people here have better "after" pics than me of their wood-oven, but I challenge anybody to show a better "before" pic of their back-yard/garden before starting their project........Here's mine

Regards Terry (C.F)
    Honi soit qui mal y pense

My 2nd Pompeii build.....

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/memb...eii-build.html

Re: Before and after pics

I believe, sir , that Saint Hoodness (I think that is a word...) is in your future!

What a great transition.

You have done the world a good service, and now have access to a beautiful WFO in your back yard.

Good job!

JED

Comment

HOLY SMOKE......Great transformation!
      Check out our blog for a glimpse into our hobbies of home brewing, soda, beer and wine, gardening and most of all cooking in our WFO!

http://thereddragoncafe.blogspot.com/

Comment

WOW!
        How good are you at transforming a garage? Your first pic looks exactly like my garage after one of my projects (which is all the time)

Your "after" REALLY makes me want to pull up a comfy chair, pop open a beer, sit back and relax and wait for the pizza; then take a nap after filling my belly - all without leaving the chair.

RT

Comment

hi terry,
          without a doubt or seeing anyone else's pics, I think you win hands down..... I do have a question though, Did you paint the whole oven and brick ? If so, what dod you use, great job and I love the color.....
          Cheers
          Mark

PS I only have after pics of my garage,,,,, but you still definitely win
          Last edited by ThisOldGarageNJ; 08-16-2010, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Many thanks for all your kind comments,unfortunately RTflorida the back-yard is covered in snow, so all the easy chairs have been packed away till the spring.

Nice blog Chef. Have looked through it and am very impressed. Am also into home-curing and sausage making so shall be re-visiting your blog when I have the time to digest all it's interesting contents.

Now then Mark......Your garage looks likes an adult's playground. I've scrutinised your pic. and could'nt see where the home-made wine is hidden.

Even though I've used the oven, it's not finished. I need to put on a thermal blanket and a couple more coats of thermal render, form and tie-in another arch and do something with the temporary chimney. It WAS painted with brick colour paint for a little soiree with my family, back in October.

Saint-Hoodness......Sorry but did'nt understand.......so I googled it, and result #1 was your quote to me. Your famous Jed...Number 1 on a google search !!!! Although I am still "confused.com" as to Saint Hoodness.

Merry Xmas to All on Forno Bravo.

Best Regards...........Terry (C.F)

Comment

Wow Terry, looks like a transformation you would see on one of the HGTV programs. You must be very proud.

Merry Christmas,
              Tom
              Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

Comment

Wow Terry, that's absolutely night and day! Great job on that transformation!

BTW, I've been collecting ideas these past couple of months on both stand and oven designs and I've included yours (a few weeks back) to add to my idea file as I am planning on a corner set up similar to yours. I was particularly interested in the look of your stand. Very nice overall look.....everything blends in very nicely.

Mark, your garage work shop looks great!

Here's my "after" (or current) shot of my garage. The only time my garage looked neat and tidy is before we even moved into the house, when the seller left if empty and clean. That was 20 years ago. This is pretty much how it's been all these years. ....

Last edited by fxpose; 12-22-2009, 10:59 AM.
                George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

Mark, your garage work shop looks great!
                  Now then Mark......Your garage looks likes an adult's playground. I've scrutinised your pic. and could'nt see where the home-made wine is hidden.
                  Thanks guys, I'm sure you can appreciate the amount of work it took to get it that way and the amount of work to keep it that way... Now if it were a 2 car garage I could have more tools !!!

Terry, when i had the front porch rebuilt, i had them dig it out a full 8 feet and have a "root cellar" or cool room under it,,,, thats where the wine is kept...

cheers
                  Mark

Comment

Many thanks Trockyh Don't know what HGTV is but my wife always said that I should be on stage..........sweeping it !!!

Fxpose I think Mark (T.O.G NJ) might have started something posting a pic of his garage. Yours also looks like an "Aladins cave" of sheer bliss. -most impressed. The Full base to my wood-oven was a means to an end. Apart from all the junk in my "before" pic, I had a lot of masonry rubble from my kitchen conversion and a couple of ton dissapeared into the base.

Mark Now you have mentioned that you have wine cellar under your house......who knows what pictures are going to appear next? BTW thanks for the translation.

Regards Terry (C.F)

Comment

Hey Terry,

HGTV is Home and Garden television, they have all kinds of home projects and make overs. My wife watches it alllll the time, but I don't complain, she doesn't complain about me being on the forum.

Tom
                      Member WFOAMBA Wood Fired Oven Amatueur Masons Builders America

Comment

Mark Now you have mentioned that you have wine cellar under your house......who knows what pictures are going to appear next? BTW thanks for the translation.
                        Terry,,, no problem... in the root cellar there is about two dozen bottles of wine, also every year we can our own tomatoes.. so we have enough to last for the year and especially thru the winter, so right now there is about 130 jars of tomato in there with the wine, along with some stings of hot red peppers that have already dried.. and some other sundries of course. The first pic is of me preparing the tomatoes.. the rest are some of the jewelry boxes i make in the workshop/mancave.... am a Graphic artist for computerized embroidery, i found the indian pic, digitzed it and embroidered it (not in the garage)

Comment

a few more pics,, Its nice too be able to showoff once in a while

Comment

Just a few more....Thanks for tolerating....

Comment

Mark

Love your pictures and really like your craftmanship. looking at pic #1 in 2nd post......did you also make your own pizza pell? you definately have the ability.......and what are things in pic#4?... they look good, do they have a purpose.

Question....I've been trying to find something that I read on the "humor" section a while ago but can't find it anymore. I looked on youtube for something similar and found this.......do you know it?

YouTube - The Bricklayers Song

Regards Terry (C.F)

Comment

Working...
                              X