Raleigh, nc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raleigh, nc

I'm unveiling a sculpture in Raleigh at the end of July. Can anyone recommend things we absolutely should not miss in that area when we go? We could spend a couple extra days in the area and will rent a car. Wilmington? Norfolk?
    Thanks!

Re: Raleigh, nc

[QUOTE=Poetryart;155372]I'm unveiling a sculpture in Raleigh at the end of July. Can anyone recommend things we absolutely should not miss in that area when we go? We could spend a couple extra days in the area and will rent a car. Wilmington? Norfolk?
    Thanks![/QUOTE

Do you have the honor of unveiling it or is it your creation, are you the artist?

Comment

I'm a sculptor.

Comment

Originally posted by Poetryart View Post
        I'm unveiling a sculpture in Raleigh at the end of July. Can anyone recommend things we absolutely should not miss in that area when we go? We could spend a couple extra days in the area and will rent a car. Wilmington? Norfolk?
        Thanks!
        Head west to Asheville...lots to do there.
        Old World Stone & Garden

Current WFO build - Dry Stone Base & Gothic Vault

When we build, let us think that we build for ever.
        John Ruskin

Comment

Originally posted by Poetryart View Post
          I'm a sculptor.
          Congratulations! Is it a public or private piece? Is it on the net to be seen, with any of your other works?

Comment

Thanks! It's going in a church, outside actually. This one is St. Ignatius, #6 of 8, only 2 left in the edition. Im currently working on a 10 ft tall Ascending Mary for a church in Louisiana. Someday I plan to sculpt a really cool chimney pipe for the pizza oven, but have too many paying jobs to play with first - definately not complaining about that!

Comment

Working...
            X