Christmas Vacation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christmas Vacation?

Les, if your friend is willing to loan the insulation tarp, I will volunteer to use it. I will test my manliness with the cold. Once the tent and heater are in place, I will work diligently towards completion. Only snow storms will stop me.
    An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

Last year, for the first time ever, we went to a restaurant for Christmas dinner. Roast Turkey and all the trimmings. In Muslim Turkey!

The reason was that we had just moved into our new house and were having a house-warming party for 125 people, complete with live Turkish guitar/sas music, on the 27th. It had become a tradition to have a party a couple of days after Xmas and before New Year but the work involved with it last year made us decide to be pampered. We were so happy with the experience that we have booked again for this year.

The after Xmas party will be further enhanced this year by the addition of our WFO and I'm working out the menu. It'll be great if we can cook everything in it. I haven't gotten to the stage of making my own pizzas yet so it will be based around what I know about main course meals. I will let you know the result.

I wish all of you and yours a very merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous New Year.

Inishta

Comment

Inishta, the party sounds great. I am sure the food and entertainment will be fantastic. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Two years ago we trekked over 1000 miles with a newborn so the grand parental unit could see their newborn grandchild - my avatar. Last year we stayed in town and visited the in-laws. This year we are staying semi local a friend has a home/condo about 100 yards from the surf in Ventura. The wife has always wanted to open Christmas presents in the nude. Our friends are just as twisted so she may get her wish. I have been offline due to a new addition

Comment

Christmas will definately be exciting if you get your wish Jengineer. Some bathe in the nude. Your family seems to get more exciting each year, and why not. With the additions you are getting, you seem to have great family traits.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Patrick, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Another miniengineer.

I'm hoping you mean "twisted" in a funloving, piece, love, let your inhibitions run wild sort of way.......and not "see you on the 6 o'clock news" twisted.

Again, the added family unit is wonderful. Happy holidays to the whole engineering clan.

RT

Comment

Patrick,

Does that mean we get a new, composite of a composite, avatar? Methinks the major congrats go to the gurl, not the guy in question.

Jim
                "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Oh it gets better. I think that by the end of Feb 2008 I will have another toddler on my hands. This one will be from India. I now have to come up with some serious $$ to finance it.

We just got the photo this morning - the wife said this one is ours. The ages will be 2, 1 and newborn!

Growing up many years ago it was me & dad with 4 women. Growing older it looks like it will be me & 4 women, HELP!

How is that for a Christmas present!
                  too cool!

Comment

Congrats on your new addition Jengineer. I had my first at 48 years old. I wouldn't do it any other way. I enjoy every moment with her.

We're heading to my Sis' house for a family get-together a couple of days before Christmas. Then something new for the big day, a spiral cut ham. I've done the turkey thing all my life so we thought, just for something new, a ham might be nice. That will be with my wife's family here in SW WA.

James' comments about the mid-day dinner on Christmas brought floods of memories..... Italy during the holidays is truely special. Poinsettias everywhere, church bells going crazy, awesome food and friends, chestnuts roasting on every other street corner, freezing cold homes and icy marble floors......

My fav was still the summer Sunday afternoons when I'd go out and buy sausages and cook them on the grill and enjoy a great meal and glass or two of wine with a friend or three....

Happy holidays, just in case my fingers get cut off and I don't post again for awhile.

George
                    GJBingham
                    -----------------------------------
                    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

We are off tomorrow mid-day, for a nice two week family visit. We fly to Heathrow, see family in Gloucester; see more family on the Isle of Wight; a quickie Chunnel to Paris; back to London for the museums, and home again.

We are lucky to have family that we can travel and vacation with, and even better, a compatible cousin for our daughters. I'm looking forward to being in big, bustling cities. I enjoy the connection with large masses of humanity. And then there is the food in Paris... :-)

So I will be in and out (mostly out) for the next two weeks. Enjoy your holidays, friends and family.

James
                      Pizza Ovens
                      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Have a safe wonderful trip. Happy holidays James.

RT

Comment

James, you enjoy yourself, and that of your family. Gosh, life is so short that you want to soak every day with the children on such adventures, making sure they are enriched with the opportunity you provide. Wow.

Acoma's Tuscan:

Comment

Working...
                          X