Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great Loop / Great Circle boat trip

Jim,
    Thanks for the links. I book marked them. I had seafood paella many times in and aound Jerez, Puerto, and Sevilla. Your pics on the second line brought back old memories.
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

A little boating incentive!

For the boaters....

Good Run
      Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

My favorite it renting a 32ft Nordic Tug...leave my boat at home....out of Juneau Alaska. For about $3500 they turn over the keys for a week. Those hearty cruisers have access to the whole of south east Alaska including Glacier Bay or little board-walk towns like Elfin Cove. Halibut and salmon abound. The boats come with dungeness crab pots, two fridges and sleep about six. Bears, eagle and wales are everywhere.

At Elfin Cove the sign reads "WELCOME TO ELFIN COVE A QUAINT ALASKA DRINKING VILLAGE WITH A FISHING PROBLEM"
        berryst

Trawler, Trawlers, American built tug, tugs, pilothouse cruisers
        sigpic

Comment

Jim, I enjoyed that. It's true, life IS better with a boat. Add in a WFO - damn near perfect !
          So are you power or sail?
          We had a cruiser a few years ago but we're back to small boats now that we have the island property - a fishing boat & a few kayaks. Sadly, the wooden sliding-seat rowing shell that we built got crushed this winter in a snow-load mishap . Guess I know what we're doing this winter.

Berryst, that Nordic tug sounds like a lot of fun - so does Elfin Cove. Maybe some day ...

Comment

Holly Crap! That was my life. I learned to water ski behind a 14 foot boat with an 18 HP Evenrude. I evolved to fast, then a cruiser. Now we are thinking a pontoon!!! The only thing missing is the grand kids - no hurries!
            Check out my pictures here:
            http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/les-build-4207.html

If at first you don't succeed... Skydiving isn't for you.

Comment

Sarah, I'm a stinkpot......but with the price of fuel wonder why I never took up sailing!

We rented a canal boat on the Erie Canal...that was a lot of fun. And then chartered a trawler in Florida to do some serious offshore training in the Gulf.

Now that Alaska Tug trip could be interesting too!

Comment

Picture me Loopy

Trip of a lifetime started...Chicago!

Comment

Congratulations! I am highly envious and will want to be kept that way by lots more photos.
                  Your boat looks to be a nice size for the trip - hope you have sunny skies and calm seas. Have fun!

Sarah

Comment

Wow!!

...anytime you get the chance to post more details and/or photos... please do! That looks amazing!
                    "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
                    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

God does not subtract from thee the time spent fishing
                      Berryst
                      sigpic

Comment

Sorry I have not kept you guys and gals in the LOOP

I've posted a couple hundred photos so far on our other blog

TWINS is now on the Loop

we are in KY now and headed to Mississippi where we will park the boat for the winter......

Jim

...and Sarah I'll give you a couple more years to get that oven done on your Island so we can celebrate with WFO food and paella's!

Comment

Working...
                        X