Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary G's Annual Bash 2008

I heard it on the grapevine - you know the ride between LA to Bakersfield

CanuckJim will be holding his annual open house over Memorial Day weekend. It is a weekend that the Canadians do not celebrate, instead they celebrate the weekend before with Victoria Day. Last year I lamented that it would be fun to have fresh pizza and day old bread to mix things up. Luckily Jim was not holding an ax a lame or a bread knife as I made this remark. The last two years Jim has been quite busy during the open house as he preps and cooks various breads and there is only so much help he can stand from his neophyte bread apprentices. Rumour has it that he will indeed blaspheme his bread oven and allow it to be used for pizza cooking. Here is the unfortunate part, we are in the middle of a foreign adoption and will not be able to make the trek this year! If any of you blokes from South California are going to go please drop me a line. I have found it to be a nice trip to fly in and out of Buffalo and then drive over to Toronto. It adds a day to the drive but gives you an excuse to see the falls.

je

Re: Mary G's Annual Bash 2008

Real geeks skip the falls and go to see the Welland Canal.

My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

DMUN, I feel young and stupid for this. I see that picture and I think of water balloons at the ferry passing through the canal. Oh, those juvenile days.
      An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

JE,

Right again. The annual Mary G's Bread Bash will be held on Saturday, May 24th, and this year's theme is Italian. I'm hoping to draft a few people to help with the prep and cooking so I actually have time to talk to people this year. I've got a few volunteers, but more would certainly be welcome. Any Forum members, from near or far, are certainly welcome to attend. I do need an RSVP, though, so I know how much dough to put in the cooler.

Your CA contingent will certainly be missed, but there's always next year.

Jim
        "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Just remember risotto is just another name for boiled rice
          Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

Thanks for the invite. I would love to come and be happy to volunteer to help, unfortunately...... life gets in the way. Hopefully sooner than later. The affair sounds like a blast. Maybe the Prime Minister will show.
            GJBingham
            -----------------------------------
            Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

The Paessoto was great....

Sorry Lihong...
              Sharing life's positives and loving the slow food lane

Comment

Working...
              X