Nephew going to New Zealand?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nephew going to New Zealand?!

Hey all! I have a nephew going to Auckland, North Island, and South Island NZ later this month and was wondering if there was anyone there who might be willing to meet up with the fellow and possibly show him some sites...would be great if it were possible...feel free to PM me if you feel up to it...he is a fine and hard working young man...
    Thanks in advance and all the best to you!
    Dutch
    Last edited by Dutchoven; 07-01-2008, 09:25 PM. Reason: fumble fingers!!!
    "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
    "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Re: Nephew going to New Zealand?!

Cool, I'd love to go to New Zealand.

When I was a very little girl I had a best friend who was one day younger than me so we'd always celebrate our birthdays together... and he moved to New Zealand with his family when I was 7 years old.

And that's the sum total of my contacts over there. But with a bit of luck someone else'll have something more constructive to add ... and I hope he has a wonderful time!
    "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Thanks Frances! Hoping you are having a nice holiday! I hope someone comes around for us. He is going there to get some additional training in shearing Alpaca...
      Best!
      Dutch
      "Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that's creativity. " Charles Mingus
      "Build at least two brick ovens...one to make all the mistakes on and the other to be just like you dreamed of!" Dutch

Comment

Your nephew is a lucky guy. I've been to NZ twice for a month each time and know I'll return someday. He'll have no problem finding someone to show him the sights. We didn't meet one soul who wasn't friendly and want to help us. We had complete strangers invite us into their home for lunch on Christmas Eve. and we stayed with them the next time we visited. We still keep in touch. We stayed on several farms and had dinner with the families in their homes. They're amazing people. Both the north and south islands are beautiful and I think completely different. Your nephew will never get tired of the beauty and laid back lifestyle. Our son was 10 and 13 when we visited. At 18 he still says it was his favorite place to visit. I'd love to hear what he thinks of it when he returns.

Karen

Comment

Working...
        X