Renton Jan 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renton Jan 2009

So the company is sending me to Renton for a few days. Unfortunately they are not providing local transportation. Humm I say to myself who do we know in Wash.

JanPrimus, at least an hour away bummer he has a really nice oven.

Wiley - he has a monster oven that is coming along nicely not quite readily accessable from Renton.

How about a trip south GJBingham - nope too far too.

Bummer we need more folks in the Seattle area to build ovens!

je

Re: Renton Jan 2009

Je,
    You'ld be welcome to come visit. Renton is about an hour and one half away and once you cross the Tacoma Narrows Bridge the congestion drops off and it is quite nice country. We live on a small island (6 miles by 1 mile with a wasp waist of 1/4 mile, 1000 people, one store, no gas station nicely rural) We are served by bridge (forget the ferries in the summer months!).
    If you want to consider a rental car give us a heads up as to dates and we can see if our schedules coincide.
    Wiley

Comment

Jengineer - I haven't been on the forum (working my regular job, a year into a Master's and trying to still be a husband and father) for a while but I just saw your post. I'm probably the closest - Puyallup is about 20-60 minutes south of Renton (depending on traffic on SR167 ). When will you be out this way?

Marc

Comment

definately the 6th through the 9th of January possibly as early as the 5th

Comment

Hey, I'm still on school break that week. I usually have Tuesdays off (the 6th). My oven is working, although as yet not completely finished. It's not a monster and it may not even be nice, but it may have one of the more interesting stories. My avatar shows the beginnings of it's journey from my old house to it's new location (squeezed between my old house and my neighbor's). It wasn't altogether easy, and I think part of the reason I dropped away from posting here was the pain of salvaging and refinishing. I can offer beer and pizza on 1/6/09 if you think you can make it.

Comment

Marc - drop me a line off line aka yahoo. I will be in town Nov 17th through the 20th. Schlepping 2 other folks from the office - designated driver. That means they eat where I want to eat!

Comment

Working...
            X