Weekend in Clearwater, FL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend in Clearwater, FL

This weekend my wife and I cashed in some airline and hotel points and went to Clearwater, FL. This was a quick trip so I'm pretty sure my experience was missing a bunch of possibilities, but we were trying to not be overwhelmed with things to do.

We stayed at the Hilton Clearwater Resort. At Google maps it got several bad reviews but our experience was great. The staff was friendly and helpful. Being right on the beach was great for the quick afternoon dip in the golf.

We went for Friday night dinner at the Thai Coconut about 4 miles in from the hotel. The food was fantastic, I was in the mood for seafood and got exactly what I wanted. We ordered 2 of the specials of the night, Grouper and Scallops with Ginger sauce and Mixed seafood with basil sauce.

Saturday we went all day headboat fishing on the Double Eagle II. It was a great day and the captain and crew could not have been more helpful. The fishing was as good as you could expect with action all day. The big grouper eluded us but we went home with a small string of grunts.

You will just have to wait for the finish of the weekend as we are still in the middle if it!!! I'll update later!
Working...
X