X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neil2
    replied
    Re: West Coast from Los Angeles to Vancouver

If you have a car, drive the coastal highway up from San Fransisco - one of the world great drives.

Visit Vancouver Island as well.

Leave a comment:

• papavino
    replied

After having just traveled down to the Willamette Valley last week, I'd say that's definitely worth a stop for some wine tasting. It's less than an hour from Portland and there are tons of vineyards there. And it's cheaper than Napa and Sonoma. And it's gorgeous. Not sure how that would work with children in tow, but you could go to Stoller and let them play disc golf while you drink wine.

I really like the beach communities near LA, like Redondo, Hermosa and Manhattan.

You've got to check out Pike Place Market when you come to Seattle, but I just like sitting out at Ray's Cafe and enjoying some appetizers while looking out over the Puget Sound.

Vancouver is a beautiful city, too. I've only been a few times, but I love it.

Leave a comment:

• DrakeRemoray
    replied

Don't miss San Francisco and Napa and/or Sonoma!
    Portland and Seattle are excellent as well, Portland has beautiful gardens if you are into that (Rose, Azalea, and Japanese, depending on which month you visit). We recently did a trip to Seattle and then to Victoria (we did not make it to Vancouver) to see the Butchart Gardens.

I use the Tripadvisor forums for advice like this...you should check that out.

Drake

Leave a comment:

• egalecki
    replied

Well, while I'm sure that the west coast is lovely, you will miss a lot of really neat stuff if you stay over there. But then, I live on the east coast. Maybe for your next trip?

My brother loved, loved, loved Seattle and its environs when he visited there. I think it may not have been raining that week! San Francisco is pretty cool too, but there are a great many places I'm sure are "can't miss".

Leave a comment:

• Frances
    started a topic West Coast from Los Angeles to Vancouver

West Coast from Los Angeles to Vancouver

Yes! We're finally planning that trip to the US and Canada!

Six weeks, next Summer, with three kids... (but I'll be leaving the sourdough starter at home)

So what do we absolutely need to see? What should we steer clear of? Has anyone got a recommendation for a travel guide? And where can we get good bread and pizzas on the way?
Working...
X